Author Topic: CR0 BBQ-in-the-Park 2012  (Read 1978 times)

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
CR0 BBQ-in-the-Park 2012
« on: May 04, 2012, 02:02 PM »
I just thought I'd throw the idea out there as last year was quite good fun for those that made it. It's open to absolutely everyone including partners and kids of any age.

Is there any interest in holding another one this year?

If so, when would be the best dates? I'm away first 2 weeks of Aug so would need to be end of July or end of August.

Any ideas on how to make it better that last year?

If anyone has a proper burner we could get some demo's going. I'm sure Az will be up for coming again with a few samples. Those mini-bhaji bites were good!

Price will be free, I'm happy to rent the BBQ and supply plenty of charcoal. It will be a good opportunity to taste each other's food to compare. Maybe we could get Az to judge a best curry award :)

If we have it in the same place there is LOADS of room. I think there was about 20 - 25 people last time and we could have easily doubled that number and had room to spare. The kids had a great time playing in the woods and football in the park.

I amended last years spreadsheet to get an idea of possible numbers:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoVG2JH0G1stdFJDSXo2WWJOdUZEU1pWTnRCQWFDRkE&authkey=CJm4-LIB

Offline colin grigson

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: CR0 BBQ-in-the-Park 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 03:23 PM »
I wish I could attend but I'm a long way away !!

Good luck with the day though ... well done to Chris for taking the time to organise it !!   :)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 05:28 PM »
I wouldn't want to influence the decision re a date but am away in July and if it was end of August, e.g 1st or 2nd September, I'd actually try planning ahead to make a weekend of it and come down from Scotland with my g/f. It would be great to meet you guys!

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 09:21 PM »
I missed last year's event due to work.  Would love to do this year.  Again end of Aug or very early Sept would be great for me too

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 03:23 PM »
Saturday or Sunday the 1st / 2nd September works for me. I'll leave it open to either day at the moment until we see some more availability and preferences from a few more people.

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 04:25 PM »
I don't think I'm going to be able to make this but I hope others will support the event.

©2024 Curry Recipes