Author Topic: Hello My Names Fx , I am Addicted To Curry  (Read 7279 times)

Offline fxmarkets

• Chef
    • View Profile
Hello My Names Fx , I am Addicted To Curry
« on: April 10, 2006, 02:22 PM »
Hello My Names Fx , I am Addicted To Curry

Thank You Lord? ?:D

Just found your site look forward chatting and banging out great curries.

Cheers All?

Great web site Thanks.

fx.

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Hello My Names Fx , I am Addicted To Curry
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 02:23 PM »
Hi and welcome aboard,

Have you been cooking curry long?

cK

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 03:11 PM »
Hi,  Hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do!  What are your fave curries??

Offline fxmarkets

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 03:33 PM »
Thanks for the welcome,? hmm curries well first got introduced to "heat" as it were via my auntie who used to date a west indian guy from trinidad ohh going back 25 years when I was 12, there used to be Encona hot pepper sauce and a curry usually on the go when i used to visit every month or so.... hooked to heat since then really seriously into curries since early/mid twenties ...

trying to capture the restaurant taste for last 10 years or so i guess. <>?%*"? flip damn and blast...? something to work towards in pursuit of perfection ehh...?

generally into vinadaloo/phall, occasionally wander to a chicken saag/madras but my heart lies with the former.

will be creating a dish today looking at trying a recipe off this site should be fun.....

looking to capture the ultimate subtle sulphur garlic background with correct depth,texture balance of the sauce taste that ive encountered on a few occasions in a life altering moment of experiencing a curry, that words simply are incapable of explaining the encounter of dining in gods own kitchen.

the simple pleasures of food :)

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 10:28 PM »
Welcome to the halls of the gods of Curry  ;D

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 10:58 PM »
Welcome to the consumate curry chorus  ;D

Offline fxmarkets

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 10:20 AM »

will be creating a dish today looking at trying a recipe off this site should be fun.....

looking to capture the ultimate subtle sulphur garlic background with correct depth,texture balance of the sauce taste that ive encountered on a few occasions in a life altering moment of experiencing a curry, that words simply are incapable of explaining the encounter of dining in gods own kitchen.

"DarthPetes"

well, on scanning some the great content on this site and weighing things up I opted for a hybrid of Darths base and pete's ... on stove top method.. I'll call it? DarthPetes? cheers guys Very encouraging almost licked the blender clean..:)? cooked a total of 4 1/5 to 5 hours last evening night... skimmed off some oil (reading spiced oil etc ) some is still lying on top of the onion base but getting tricky to skimm off.... :)

I'll be going for vindaloo stylie on tonights finalization (eyeing darths vinda) with that rice n spice in microwave method... which will be a first for me even considering microwave with any contact in curry cooking...?

Has anyone experimented or have any comments on the use of powdered garlic in final stages? I am trying to perfect as I said before that subtle background of garlic with the vindaloo flavour/heat layered on top...? I dont mind wandering off tradition or backbone of recipes to tailor recipes to taste? hence my fiddling with garlic.....?

fresh garlic maybe fried at start of final curry stage in spiced oil and powdered to sauce later? sure ive read that the powdered garlic is responsible for that throaty after curry sensation we sometimes get.... but wary of balancing catching fresh garlic too far and buggering the entire dish...

so would appreciate any feedback from garlic experts here..

cheers

fx.

ohh the smell through the house was great, have one stroppy teenager who moans , but kids today on the whole seem very un interested in cooking , hmm another topic which gets my goat..... another life skill being made extinct.? shabash... !!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 11:22 AM by fxmarkets »

Offline fxmarkets

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 10:58 AM »
 "DarthPetes"? base.

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Hi fx, looks good!

I would try pete's recent demo'd garlic and coriander tarka at the end of the dish

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 11:11 PM »
I've put one desert spoon of Garlic powder in todays Vindalloo & it does make it soooo Garlicy but very gooooooooood  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes