Author Topic: Curry colleges start recruiting British trainees  (Read 1705 times)

Offline jimmy2x

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Curry colleges start recruiting British trainees
« on: May 13, 2012, 01:15 AM »
from the bbc

As UK curry houses struggle to staff their kitchens because of tougher immigration rules, the government wants them to accept graduates from new "Curry Colleges" training British workers in Asian cuisine.

Floyd Price, 18, places a naan bread in the Tandoor oven at Imli restaurant in central London. Although not quite as nimble-fingered with the traditional Indian bread as his colleagues, Floyd is certainly on his way.

And for the government, Floyd is something of a model for the future - a British chef in an Asian kitchen.

"When I first wanted to be a chef I wanted to do something like pastry. But once I got into an Indian kitchen I realised I preferred the food and methods of cooking," says apprentice chef Floyd.

"And I think it's about time that, considering everyone loves Indian food, we actually start to learn how to do it ourselves!"

rest of story here  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18039538

so i wonder if were gonna find the secret to the takeaway curries here?, maybe one of you guys can sign up for the course, that would be great.

©2024 Curry Recipes