Author Topic: Charcoal  (Read 2984 times)

Offline fishy

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Charcoal
« on: May 21, 2012, 10:05 PM »
Been chating to a bangladesh chef about his tandoor and his awesome smokey flavoured tikka, I told him i use a nipoori but cannot get the tikka as smokey as his, he went on to tell me not to use your common bbq charcoal but to use carbon monoxide free charcoal???, im a bit puzzled, is there such charcoal? surley anything that burns releases carbon monoxide, someone please enlighten me.

Also he mentioned something about his charcoal is part burnt or something like that, he was a bit hard to understand but seemed keen to help.

Cheers

Fishy

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Charcoal
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 08:17 AM »
Been chating to a bangladesh chef about his tandoor and his awesome smokey flavoured tikka, I told him i use a nipoori but cannot get the tikka as smokey as his, he went on to tell me not to use your common bbq charcoal but to use carbon monoxide free charcoal???, im a bit puzzled, is there such charcoal? surley anything that burns releases carbon monoxide, someone please enlighten me.

Also he mentioned something about his charcoal is part burnt or something like that, he was a bit hard to understand but seemed keen to help.

Cheers

Fishy

Hi Fishy

Ask him to show you a bag. I would imagine its restaurant charcoal which is far better quality than the b&q type crap that we are used to

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 09:28 AM »
http://barbequick.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=88
that's the link to what i use in my smoker it is the best! trust me. it don't have any nasty chit in it at all.
you have to buy 2 X 12kg bags that comes to ?26 (free delivery)

a bag of shit at tesco ?6 for 5kg so the good stuff is cheaper  ;)

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 09:46 AM »

Offline fishy

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 05:33 PM »
Cheers Chris i will give that ago

Offline h4ppy-chris