Author Topic: Ebook  (Read 13938 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Ebook
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2012, 11:47 PM »
You don't download it, Slick, it gets e-mailed to you :

The PDF will be emailed to you on receipt of the funds through PayPal. (When I get home from the day job)

** Phil.

Offline slick

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2012, 12:08 AM »
Cheers m8, I should have read the thread thoroughly It was just that I couldn't find any info on his website.

Offline beachbum

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 02:56 AM »
Thanks for resurrecting the thread, I've just bought it now. Looking forward to that Glaswegian taste, hey Jimmy  8)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 10:06 AM »
I got Micks book as hardcopy soon after starting up about a year ago.  My first proper base.  Absolutely fantastic!  It opened the world of BIR cooking.  Still use the recipes for pre-cooked chicken, lamb, daal, vegetables, etc. Cant see me changing. After reading this thread I must get around to making the onion paste.  It anyones new to BIR cooking this book makes for essential reading.  If Mick ever decides to write a follow-up it would be an auto-purchase for me.

My first base. One of those moments when you just know youve got something right, and youre on your BIR journey. Thanks Mick!

Rob

Offline Curry Barking Mad

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 11:06 AM »
You're very welcome Rob,
Glad you're enjoying it.
Mick

Offline slick

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 12:16 AM »
It's a fantastic book Mick as I thought it would be, from reading your posts on this forum your recipes are very similar to my favourire ones (in fact after reading the book I now see others have blatantly copied yours ) that I have gathered over the years and the price alone just to save me typing them out is more than worth it.

I initially bought the book to see the Bunjara recipe which I had read so much about because my favourite BIR uses one and I won't settle until I can get something near their taste, thats not to say that I cannot get 'the taste' of the average BIR which I can easily master but it's this particular taste I'm trying to get as I have created nothing yet anywhere near it.
I've been going there for over 20 years and it was only the other week while I was picking up a curry on the way home from work I noticed the chef's now cook 'up front' and all they used to make my madras curry was a base sauce and some sort of Bunjara, from what I saw they must have a few varying Bunjara's for different currys, I know it sounds a bit basic but believe me their currys are fantastic as I've been eating them since a young teenager and I'm nearly 50 now and coming from Manchester I've been to more than my fair share of Bir's and takeaways.

I've just finished the Bunjara and altered it slightly to my own taste but will tell you how it turned out after the weekend as I won't be making a curry until then.

One thing I would like to say is that anybody looking to get into BIR cooking then buying this book is a no brainer, for the price of ?3.50 everything is there and well explained.
It took me years to get to the level I am at now by spending hundreds if not thousands of hrs browsing websites and forums like this one trying to master the art of making a BIR curry, If Micks book was around when I first started off then it would have saved a lot of time and heartache.

If there was one thing I could knock the book for, that would be he seems to have a sweet tooth imo but even then when he mentions sugar in his recipes he does state (optional) so do take this on board.

Other than that you won't buy a better curry book and I've bought over time most of the others out there including Chapman and Dillon.

©2024 Curry Recipes