Re: Ebook
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 10:52 AM »
yes sus does indeedy :-) ( ivan )

Offline matt3333

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 11:29 AM »
forget that, look at Panpots recipes for the glasgow taste, and also his Bunjarra recipe, possible copyright there by mr Crawford !

If you knew anything about Mick Crawford or CBM as is known you wouldn't have come out with such a crass comment.

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 05:43 PM »
I agree Matt
Such negative comments are not welcome . CBM has an obvious passion for curries which he has shared on the forum with his videos
Some people would think why bother but I'm sure CBM is a bigger man than that (especially after making all those curries  :) )
I also have the book it's worth at least 4 quid  ;) and it has a prawn puri my favorite

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 06:58 PM »
Mick is also a very active member (and moderator I think) of the "other" site and I think his curry credentials do justice to his screen name!

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 08:28 PM »
CBM (mick has posted some great stuff on here & elsewhere. I've learned alot from it. Most of it buckshee i might add. Lots of free tuts & recipe's on his website, which i've never seen him promote or his book. The Ashoka paste is "Banjara" which in name I don't think relates to food at all. It crops up here & there in a dish name in Pakistani bir's in Glasgow. I don't have cbm's onion paste(onion paste is something i suspect is used extensively in Glasgow/Scottish bir/maybe not the Ashoka Banjara version), but forget copyright on most things on here. Only the literary content can be cp'd, & i'd forget that also.Chillax as they say nowadays  :)

ELW

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 08:44 PM »
Mick Crawfords ebook is honest and doesn't bullshit about being the secret this and the magic that, just to con money out of people.

His fly on the wall videos, are of real chefs, cooking real curries and his own recipes are his take of what he has learned while being in real BIR kitchens.
Plus he has probably developed a whole load of recipes of his own over the years, in his bespoke Curry Shed. (obsession) ;D

He even titles his book "How To Cook Indian Restaurant Style Food At Home".
His book gives a good overview for anybody starting off trying to cook a restaurant style curry at home, in other words it does what it says on the tin.

Being able to cook a curry as good as a BIR Chef, depends on the individual and their general cooking ability in the first place.

In my view Mick CBM's ebook is a good guide and at 3.49GBP very good value for money.
cheers Chewy

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 09:25 PM »
Mick Crawfords ebook is honest and doesn't bullshit about being the secret this and the magic that, just to con money out of people.

His fly on the wall videos, are of real chefs, cooking real curries and his own recipes are his take of what he has learned while being in real BIR kitchens.
Plus he has probably developed a whole load of recipes of his own over the years, in his bespoke Curry Shed. (obsession) ;D

He even titles his book "How To Cook Indian Restaurant Style Food At Home".
His book gives a good overview for anybody starting off trying to cook a restaurant style curry at home, in other words it does what it says on the tin.

Being able to cook a curry as good as a BIR Chef, depends on the individual and their general cooking ability in the first place.

In my view Mick CBM's ebook is a good guide and at 3.49GBP very good value for money.
cheers Chewy
I think that sums it up in a nutshell CT.  Keep 'em coming Mick and likewise all the other regular activists on here.  The curry must go on ;D

Offline Tommy Timebomb

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 10:07 PM »
All I can add is that Mick has always been very helpfull even regarding such things as the set up he has in his kitchen (shed) etc.
No question has never been too small or trivial for him to help you out with... A true enthusiast.

I have followed this hobby under various names and on various sites over the years and Mick has always been there, very helpfull and very unaloof. (If such a word exists? :o)

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 01:23 AM »
I have to echo the common sentiments here on Mick's work. I too bought the eBook, and have enjoyed every dish I've tried. Highly recommended.

Josh

©2024 Curry Recipes