Author Topic: New Kitchen Design  (Read 21040 times)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
New Kitchen Design
« on: May 24, 2012, 10:40 PM »
Here we go after some considerable headaches, arguments and research this what we came up, main design of the kitchen is to make cooking my curries easier.

Image hosting by CR0.co.uk

Image hosting by CR0.co.uk

Hob
Electrolux 6 Burner Stainless Steel

Oven
Electrolux Double Oven Black

Cooker Hood
Britannia Hood Stainless Steel

Oven housing to the left is a pull-out larder to store all my spices.

Under the hob is a two pan drawer with a hidden cutlery draw and by the fridge another two pan drawer.

The cupboard to the far left of the hob will have a Le Mans Corner Unit Storage.

The colour of kitchen units are Boston White and Black.

The door to the left of the oven housing is like an under the stairs larder with shelves to store tinned stuff etc.
The other door the left of that leads into my darts room and social gatherings.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: New Kitchen Design
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 10:50 PM »
Nice one UF let us know how it works out for you in practice!

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 10:53 PM »
Will do.
Got a lot of work to do though first so looks like getting my hands dirty and knocking the curry cooking on the head for a few weeks.

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 11:01 PM »
Double ovens up in the air good choice no more bendind down

Offline Tommy Timebomb

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 11:10 PM »
May I just add that darts and social gatherings are right up my street mate..! Along with a good curry of course.
Good luck on your venture, I only wish Id been a bit more sensible in life to of had the opportunity to design my perfect kitchen myself.
Tower Hamlets council are not exactly known for their extravagance.
Good on you mate, hope all goes well. :)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 11:22 PM »
Do you know of what material the cupboard doors will be made, Unclefrank, and whether they will be foil- or vinyl covered ?  If so, there may be problems with the foil or vinyl deforming in the regions in close proximity to the ovens.  Solid hardwood would be better from this perspective, or any other uncoated heat-resistant material (e.g., Corian).

** Phil.

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 03:42 AM »
Hi UF - looks great. I recently had the opportunity to remodel my kitchen, and it feels great.

One thing I'd mention - as a diehard curry cook - is don't skimp out on the hob. I don't know the specs of the Electrolux you are planning, but I'd get as close to restaurant grade as you can, especially since you're buying anyway. I spent more than I should have on mine, and I don't regret it a single second!

Good luck with the renovation!

-- Josh

Offline colin grigson

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 07:05 AM »
Looks great UF , perfect working triangle between sink , hob and fridge/freezer and the fantastic eye level ovens .. how I wish I'd done that ... usually every Christmas .. getting a 15kg turkey out of an under worktop oven is a pain in the arse !!. I agree with the comment to not skimp on the oven/hob arrangement since cooking is what you're doing all this for.

Good luck with the project and please post pics as you go so we can monitor your progress  :) ;)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 07:41 AM »
The door to the left of the oven housing is like an under the stairs larder with shelves to store tinned stuff etc.

Perhaps the larder gives you enough storage space, but if it was me, I'd include wall units in the kitchen, as well, i.e. either side of the cooker hood.  I think your design looks a bit 'empty' at present but I know it's so subjective. You'd probably think my kitchen is too cluttered.

Someone gave me a load of tiles a bit like your illustration but I'm not going to use them. The modern look seems to be without tiles, such as using glass splash backs instead, or just a plain wall.

You could also cover up the washing machine, with a dummy cupboard door, but only if you can increase the worktop depth, or buy a new (integrated) washing machine.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 10:28 AM »
This is the hob http://www.appliancesonline.co.uk/product/EHG9832X-Electrolux-Insight-Gas-Hob-Stainless-Steel-11642.aspx

And here's the oven http://www.appliancesonline.co.uk/product/EOD67043K-Electrolux-Electric-Double-Oven-Black-16650.aspx

Wednesday nights is mainly eating curry, darts, drinking and putting the world to rights.
Weekends is really who and how many people turn up.
I do cook a lot of curries so with the reviews of the above items i felt sure i was choosing the right appliances, but any recommendations would help me a lot.
The prices for the two appliances is not what i can get them for, so i get a bargain and free delivery from another shop.

Forgot to add the tiles in picture aren't what we decided on, going for black sparkle, the other half's choice, with a stainless steel splashback.
Any suggestions please feel free to add.
Thanks.

©2024 Curry Recipes