Author Topic: Raj TV - Chef's Special  (Read 6948 times)

Offline Nessa

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Raj TV - Chef's Special
« on: April 18, 2006, 08:17 PM »
The fairly new tv channel Raj TV (channel 187 on Sky) features a programme called 'Chef's Special, featuring the freshest tastes and sumptous menus from a variety of top restaurants, presented with a cheeky grin by our very own celebrity chef Gurpareet'.? It's on right now, the production is terrible but it's an indian chef in a real kitchen cooking dishes in real time, and he's talking about various ingredients, including making his own tomato puree, but admits it's easier to buy it from the supermarket.

It looks like it could be an interesting show, so I'm mentioning it here in case no one has seen it yet.

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Raj TV - Chef's Special
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 09:48 PM »
Hi Nessa,  What dishes did he make tonight?  I will check it out next time its on.

Offline Yellow Fingers

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 10:05 PM »
Hello Nessa

I've tried to find that program but I haven't had any luck. Can you be more specific about times etc.

YF

Offline Nessa

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 01:05 AM »
It was on at 8pm last night but the time doesn't seem to be consistant.? Unfortunately Raj tv doesn't seem to have an active website with programme schedules.

Last night he cooked chicken 'chetinaad'? and a king prawn 'something something', it seems they place the microphone next the the gas burner so there is a lot of 'ttsshsshhshhss' sound when they are speaking. As I said, the production is terrible!? The food looked awesome though.? :)

Offline Nessa

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 12:17 PM »
It was on again last night at 7-8pm, lots of cooking and some chat with indian restaurant owners, unfortunately I still can't find the Raj tv schedules anywhere - their website is up now but it's not complete yet. Maybe someone with Sky+ would be able to catch all the shows?

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 07:38 AM »
I've watched this programme several times, some of the cooking sketches are really good but you always get the feeling when they are talking the chef is adding ingredients that you don't see. Last week somebody was cooking a Chinese meal in a wok it must have taken her 15 minutes to complete that was the worse one I have seen but normally there are some good cooking sketches, its well worth a watch if only to see how the chef handles the cooking utensils and the type of utensils that they use.

I'm thinking of getting sky+, when I do I will post the recordings, I am also hoping that the Chef I met on holidays in Spain last December will let me video him cooking when I go next week, thats probably asking a bit much though, maybe I'll tell him I will use the video to promote the restaurant, LOL I'm sure he will fall for that one  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 08:21 PM »
I guess we should say 'goodbye' to you now then if you are about to be let into 'The secret!'  I can't help not forgetting the jimmyja and his/her cookery lesson.  Never heard anything of it....Sworn to secrecy! ;)

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 06:49 AM »
If I am lucky enough to learn anything it will as always be passed on to the forum, and thats my personal guarantee.

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 07:32 PM »
I used to watch this show every day, unfortunately the channel has disappeared from the Sky TV listings, but according to their website (which is under construction at the mo lol) it will be returning "ASAP" ;D

I'll keep checking back to see if there's any new developments 8)

It was supposed to be re-launched on New Year's Eve, but I still can't find any more about it ::)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 07:35 PM by Dominatrixxx »

Offline Yellow Fingers

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 07:47 PM »
Being a techno-luddite I don't have access to fancy stuff like Sky. But I really want to see this programme. Can you give me a heads-up if you find out when it's next on. I can get my friend to record it on their video-gramaphone, you know, the ones that take those beautiful little shiny discs.  ;D

YF

Underneath the arches, on cobble stones I lay. Underneath the arches, to dream my dreams away...

©2024 Curry Recipes