Author Topic: Hello again, and anecdote  (Read 1479 times)

Offline merrybaker

• Head Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Hello again, and anecdote
« on: April 19, 2006, 05:38 PM »
Hello, All.? I've been away from this forum for several months while my husband was on medication that kept him from eating spicy food.? Nothing life-threatening, thank goodness.? ?But Quality-of-Life threatening, definitely. :)? ?I've just spent the last few days catching up on your recent curry chats, and it's as though I was never away.? There are still discussions on whether to re-use oil from curries.? There is still no consensus on what's the best base sauce.? There is still great optimism for every cookbook that promises true restaurant recipes.? There is still debate whether restaurant chefs are holding back, or even deliberately trying to mislead you.? Some things never change...

Which leads me to a story.? My son was eating in a London BIR and asked the waiter what region the food was from, since he liked it so much.? The waiter said it's from the south of India.? Son was surprised, since he usually doesn't like South Indian food.? What part of the south, he asked.? It's Punjabi, the waiter replied!!

-Mary? ?

Offline traveller

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hello again, and anecdote
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 09:31 PM »
Yikes!  I bet that place was run by non-Indians (Paks or Bangladeshi's!!).

©2024 Curry Recipes