Author Topic: BIR documents I compiled  (Read 13473 times)

Offline timeless

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: BIR documents I compiled
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 07:36 PM »
Thanks  :)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 08:02 PM »
SC that is awesome!!!

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 09:03 PM »
Cheers SC very handy.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 10:34 PM »
I would say that is a job very well done!

best, Rich

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 01:28 AM »
Hi SC,

I, too, commend you on doing a great job of compiling these recipes into a number of discrete documents.  However, I do have some concerns and wish to make a couple of points (which I've had occasion to make several times before in similar situations):

ALL recipes and images (including those posted on this forum) are subject to intellectual property rights and copyright (copyright is automatically assigned to the author).  The original author owns that copyright and the recipes and images may not be reproduced or disseminated without their express permission.  I do not want to get into an anally retentive argument (or semantics) about this but, suffice to say, it IS the case. 

I cannot speak for others, but I post recipes on this forum for sole use by our forums' members only.  I DO NOT permit anyone to copy my recipes and disseminate them by any other means (without my express permission). 

However, (if I understand you correctly?) it may be that you have simply compiled these recipes for your own personal use and wish to make them available to this forums' members only?  If so, I have no objection to that, but I am still uncomfortable with them being made available for download from elsewhere.  Therefore, I suggest that you contact Admin to get him to make them available for download directly from this forum (e.g. from this forums download section here: http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?board=5.0). 

Offline StoneCut

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 09:35 AM »
ALL content is ONLY posted to this forum (feel free to search the web). I would upload it directly to this forum instead of using MY OWN hosting, however this forum doesn't allow anymore uploads (check my Bruce Edwards post). It is not and will not be available elsewhere.

Regardless, I continue to respect your wishes (whatever bad intentions you imply) and will therefore remove the doc with your recipes and any other removal requests. I'm not very happy about it (mostly due to to you implying I post the content elsewhere which really makes me mad) but it'll be done as soon as I get on my laptop.

Edit
The CA document is now removed and won't be made available again, so please no PMs about it.

@Cory: As an (audio) content publisher (read: failed musician) I certainly understand your copyright concerns regarding intellectual property and piracy. However, there is such a thing as fair use. In my 15 years on the web I learned one thing: what content is here today may very well be gone tomorrow. I moderated a software forum for a couple of years and wrote about 800 extensive HOW-TOs with screenshots and whatnot. Then the provider - from one day to the next - simply folded. Website and forum gone - gone. Backups ? gone. We tried to salvage stuff off www.archive.org but we were so concerned with people stealing our content that our robots.txt had explicitly disabled spidering the website :/

Anyway, just take my best intentions as granted but I think I'll rather refrain from posting any more of this type of content in the future and woud rather not discuss it further either.

Any other link may break soon, so get it while it's hot ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:58 AM by StoneCut »

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 09:55 AM »
Stone Cut,

You messaged me with the above response and I messaged you with my reply as follows:

Stone Cut,

Quote from: StoneCut
ALL content is ONLY posted to this forum (feel free to search the web)

But it's not, Stone Cut, is it?  It is posted (and downloadable from) elsewhere (i.e. YOUR OWN HOSTING!)

this forum doesn't allow anymore uploads (check my Bruce Edwards post)

Yes, I understand this to be the case.  And that is why I suggested that you contact Admin to sort it out

Regardless, I continue to respect your wishes

I appreciate that Stone Cut

whatever bad intentions you imply

Actually Stone Cut, I went to great lengths NOT to imply that you had bad intentions!  Frankly, I don't know you from Adam and have absolutely NO idea what you intend.

and will therefore remove the doc with your recipes and any other removal requests

Thank you, once again.  Alternatively, discuss getting it put on this forum with Stew (Admin) as I suggested.

I'm not very happy about it (mostly due to to you implying I post the content elsewhere which really makes me mad)

Well, I'm awfully sorry about that.  But, had you bothered to discuss it with me and Admin, beforehand (which would have been polite), I might have been more receptive to it.  But I would probably have suggested the same thing.

Have you spoken to Stew?  I suggest that you do.

I suggest we communicate by personal message if we need to discuss this further.

Thanks.

Offline StoneCut

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 10:01 AM »
Cory, I edited my post above. I'd rather not discuss this further.

Edit
All content now offline in order to prevent more issues with other people who I also respect.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:37 AM by StoneCut »

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 10:55 AM »
Oh no! I'm gutted I've missed the chance to get these files which have now been removed   :'(

Can anyone who has the info and is willing to send it to me please pm me? Cory has said expressly above he does not object to it being shared among forum members as long as not hosted elsewhere.

This is like being shown the Christmas presents under the tree then finding out they've been taken away before you could open them...

Edit: stonecut I realise you are upset but could you not consider hosting the files in a way in which the info is only accessible to members (eg password, etc). Everything you've said about the value of having offline backups of forum content rings true to me.

Edit2: thanks to the guys who PMd me. I now have the files. Thanks to stonecut for your valuable efforts.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 11:58 AM by natterjak »

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 10:59 AM »
Yeah I could see this coming. It would be great if Admin would allow the compilations to be hosted here at cr0.

I only managed to download the BE stuff, sniff! Thanks for your efforts Stone Cut.

Paul

©2024 Curry Recipes