Author Topic: BIR documents I compiled  (Read 13474 times)

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: BIR documents I compiled
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 07:07 PM »
So if StoneCut can do this for us, anyone who becomes a member can
do the same (with the know how) but post it anywhere, other sites etc

I think Stonecut has highlighted a problem, thank you for you
good intentions StoneCut.

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 08:16 PM »
I think Stonecut has highlighted a problem, thank you for you
good intentions StoneCut.

Great intentions & effort StoneCut. Recipe's are 10 a penny on  cr0 & other forums & can be neither here nor there without the posting of thoughts & results & experience of enthusiastic amateurs & people with hands on experience, which follow the recipe(commentary  ::)). For anyone who has told what they know on an internet forum, the horse has already bolted. Along with the DFS sofa sale, the internet & it's content is forever. Collating that stuff into docs was as useful as the content itself . What a pity :(

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 10:28 AM »

From CA
ALL recipes and images (including those posted on this forum) are subject to intellectual property rights and copyright (copyright is automatically assigned to the author).  The original author owns that copyright and the recipes and images may not be reproduced or disseminated without their express permission.  I do not want to get into an anally retentive argument (or semantics) about this but, suffice to say, it IS the case 

Forum Rules

7.  You will not reproduce or disseminate any material found on this Forum, on any other Forum, or on any other media (except for personal use), without the written permission of the Owner of this Forum

14.  All posts on the forum shall become the sole property of CR0.co.uk and by posting on the forum any Intellectual Property created, herein called 'IPR' (Background and Foreground) shall be transfered to CR0.co.uk.

Which I take to mean that Admin are the owners of every recipe on here, so permission from any member is not necessary, (but polite to ask) nor is it copyright to the originator of the recipe

Anyway that's the way I read it. Just my 2 pennys worth.

Les
PS
Good try StoneCut, and Thank's for all the effort
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 01:07 PM by Les »

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 10:49 AM »
Sod it.  I missed the entire shooting match and the opportunity to make life a  little easier and more organised.  Thanks to stonecut for at least trying to share the efforts of his labours with the rest of the forum members.  Burocracy triumphs again.

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 11:05 AM »
Sod it.  I missed the entire shooting match and the opportunity to make life a  little easier and more organised.  Thanks to stonecut for at least trying to share the efforts of his labours with the rest of the forum members.  Burocracy triumphs again.

Unfortunately CH It only takes one to spoil it for everyone else, But hey! thats life.

Les

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012, 11:56 AM »
Unfortunately CH It only takes one to spoil it for everyone else, But hey! thats life.

Les
More's the pity but I have to agree with you Les. 

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2012, 12:45 PM »
Dont forget, CA had already offered to collate his own recipes into one document and was possibly in the middle of doing so.
I know i'd be p***ed off if i had been halfway through compiling a large document. In fact, CA seemed quite reasonable to me and it was Stonecut who took the hump.

Frank.  ;)

Hi All,

No offence, to anyone, at all,....

....BUT!.....would anyone be interested in having a FREE "e-book" available for download from this forum?

If so, I would be more than happy to compile (or, at the very least, contribute to) one.  Maybe others would also feel so inclined?

OK, some may feel that it (i.e. my) contribution would not be as valuable as others', BUT I am happy (and I am inclined) to make one available (to the best of my ability, knowledge and efforts), for FREE, on this forum.

After all, surely this forum is all about FREE contributions towards replicating British Indian Restaurant curries at home?

Opinions please?

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2012, 05:39 PM »
Dont forget, CA had already offered to collate his own recipes into one document and was possibly in the middle of doing so.
I know i'd be p***ed off if i had been halfway through compiling a large document. In fact, CA seemed quite reasonable to me and it was Stonecut who took the hump.

Frank.  ;)

Hi All,

No offence, to anyone, at all,....

....BUT!.....would anyone be interested in having a FREE "e-book" available for download from this forum?

If so, I would be more than happy to compile (or, at the very least, contribute to) one.  Maybe others would also feel so inclined?

OK, some may feel that it (i.e. my) contribution would not be as valuable as others', BUT I am happy (and I am inclined) to make one available (to the best of my ability, knowledge and efforts), for FREE, on this forum.

After all, surely this forum is all about FREE contributions towards replicating British Indian Restaurant curries at home?

Opinions please?

That was a couple of months ago, with no confirmation it was going ahead. I was/am looking forward to it if it is. If it was underway I can see CA's point in not being consulted first.I'm sure the Ashoka manager gave the op permission to publish what he did on here as long as Ashoka were credited with that specific content, credited not copyright..which they were. If someone were credited for something they always intended to publish free of charge, I'm not sure why they wouldn't want as many people as possible to see it, by whatever means. It may be an idea to post material you feel belongs to you in some way elsewhere first...then cr0. Without the forum members FAQs, it's just another bunch of recipe's

Regards
ELW

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2012, 06:28 PM »

From ELW
If someone were credited for something they always intended to publish free of charge, I'm not sure why they wouldn't want as many people as possible to see it, by whatever means. It may be an idea to post material you feel belongs to you in some way elsewhere first..

My own view is that if your recipes are that important to you..................Don't post them at all

Les

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 01:06 AM »
My own view is that if your recipes are that important to you..................Don't post them at all

Ain't that the truth!  But what a poor, selfish, sad, attitude.

Frankly, guys, most of the views expressed on this thread stink.  They show a total disregard for the time and effort that some of our members put in to providing recipes (and other content) for the benefit of other members of this forum.  They show a total disregard for the intellectual property ownership of that content by its author (its copyright...get over it!).

I expect this forums Admin to protect that copyright on behalf of the authors and the forum.  Failing that, I will (for my content).

Another option, which I am willing to consider, is to have Admin remove all of my content from the forum. 

To condone, and attempt to justify, anyone "stealing" recipes and other content (which is what it amounts to; you and I have absolutely no idea what another person really intends to do with it!) is reprehensible.

I have pointed out a perfectly sensible and reasonable compromise.  There are right ways and there are wrong ways of doing it.  It seems that some people are far too dense and/or ignorant to see it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:37 AM by Cory Ander »

©2024 Curry Recipes