Author Topic: Free Recipe Book!!!!!  (Read 10187 times)

Offline timeless

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Free Recipe Book!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 09:54 AM »
Also think its just a clever way to sell the product

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 10:22 AM »
It is a bit of a shameless plug. Not point getting worked up over it though - there's no one to remove it. I am not even sure on the forum's stance on this sort of thing.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 12:07 PM »
I think this is very mild, compared to curry2gos blatant marketing strategy using cR0.co.uk
and not contributing a single non-marketed post.

I'm with you 100% on that one Chewy.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 12:23 PM »
I don't want to be picky, but I think it's spam.

I strongly disagree (inthe present case).  Have either of you downloaded and read the recipe book ?  It is extremely well done, and beautifully illustrated, and while the recipes (quite obviously) call for Shemin's curry paste, there is nothing to stop anyone from substituting their own curry paste, or alternative ingredients, or whatever.   If Jamie & Shemin have the confidence to offer their recipe book for nothing, in the hopes that it will increase sales of their curry paste, I say "Good luck" to them : we are being offered something for nothing, and we have nothing to lose by downloading the recipe book and trying the recipes, with or without Shemin's curry paste : that is our choice, and ours alone.

My EUR 0,02 (while we still have a Euro !).
** Phil.

I agree with Phil. Unless the advertising gets excessive or out of hand, I wouldn't view it as spam. It looks like a quality product, on the face of it.

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 01:59 PM »
Hi,

Yes I did download and read the pdf.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:48 AM by Graeme »

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 11:19 PM »
Phil
I can see why you empathise with this type of marketing, I remember you doing
a similar plug, a while ago.
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=7745.msg67627#msg67627

I think this is very mild, compared to curry2gos blatant marketing strategy using cR0.co.uk
and not contributing a single non-marketed post.

Having just read this thread - Chewy has made a very clear point here - which i for one have over looked / not noticed at all - there isnt any posts at all in the forum from Julian.
Also come to think of it Abdul has stopped as well after the initial few posts and the plug of his book...

must be a good site to plug products on here - i must hurry up and think of something to plug!!

best, Rich

Offline SheminsCurryPaste

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 09:55 AM »
Hi,

Firstly, I would like to thank Phil for your kind words! They are greatly appreciated! :) Sorry I didn't reply earlier but have been busy with work. Please let me explain my posting actions.

I posted the free recipe book on the site as I thought that members would like to view and give me some opinions on the recipes my mum and I had created.

We started our business a year ago, we are in a few farm shops in the area plus a couple of budgens stores. We both have other jobs, so we do it simply because we love cooking. I would have hoped you guys showed more support for a fellow curry lover who just genuinely wanted to share his recipes!

I did post it under web links and the reason it says "add Shemin's curry paste" is because it is our recipe book on our website (which took up all of my after work evenings last week to make!) You can of course add your own paste and just use the recipe.

I am sorry I have offended some of you, but I really just wanted you to enjoy the recipes and hopefully get feedback on them. It is a "free recipe book!" i am not asking you to buy anything, please just enjoy it!

Jamie

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 12:07 PM »
Firstly, I would like to thank Phil for your kind words! They are greatly appreciated! :) Sorry I didn't reply earlier but have been busy with work.

What about me? I supported you as well, firstly with my 'kind words' and secondly by not deleting your promotional posts. Did you miss that, or doesn't it somehow count?

Offline SheminsCurryPaste

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 01:57 PM »
Sorry George, I honestly did just miss it. In a rush, I skimmed the first page and then posted a reply. Just came back to take a proper look at the other comments. (this being the first ever forum I have joined and posted on - I'll make sure next time I check all the comments before posting!)

Apologies that I didn't mention yours, a really big thanks the support and keeping the post alive. Really! I hope to contribute to your forums a lot and appreciate your kind comment. Just honestly didn't see it. Did you try any of the recipes?

Jamie

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 02:05 PM »
Did you try any of the recipes?

Jamie - thank you again for the recipe book. It looks like a high quality product (book, paste, website, etc) and I wish you well. The only problem is that there aren't enough hours in a day to try more than a small fraction of all the great looking recipes I come across. Priorities, priorities.... I'm most keen on fine, amazing flavours like you get from a really top notch BIR or some fine-dining establishments. Do any of your recipes stand out as coming up to that level? Also, do you or your family have direct knowledge of any BIR style recipes and techniques? Finally, does your paste use vinegar as a preservative or whatever? I see it as a bit of a disadvantage, being forced to add vinegar to a curry by way of a paste, if I wouldn't otherwise have used vinegar.

©2024 Curry Recipes