Author Topic: Wanted: chicken naga recipe  (Read 23050 times)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: chicken naga recipe
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 09:39 AM »
A pic and vid of my supper last night
Chicken Naga with Alu Jeera/Okra on the side.
Went really well together, a hot and spicy Bhuna with nutty potatoes. ;D
http://www.southtyneside.com/sizzler/Naga.html

cheers Chewy

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 10:25 AM »
Thanks for posting.  Very nice looking supper there CT.  May give your achari dish a go tonight.  I'll pass on the okra though ::)

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 08:33 PM »
would love to know more about naga dishes myself.

the Mr Naga has not really done it for me.

I'm a huge fan of Mr Naga and experience cold turkey-like withdrawal symptoms if I can't get my fix, but when it comes to naga taste and strength, Mr Vikki's wins hands down for me...

Well worth a punt:

http://www.mrvikkis.co.uk/

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 11:27 AM »
is there anyother way of viewing the video if you've not got quicktime (and don't want to download).

Salvador Dhali,

i'll keep eye out for the brand. it's an important item to me "nagga" (piece of the jigsaw).

the making of nagga sauce is dangerous and rubber gloves and eye protectors are not to be laughed at (if you give them respect you don't need of course). as Chewytikka say's you do not want to use pieces of the chilli in the curry either (too hot).

for a long time i'd never been able to produce lip burn at home (true test of vindaloo strength for me). also by taking the seeds out the curry does not have any hard bits.

it's easy to decide on which approach suits you're own needs - as a starting point just try tasting a spoon tip out of the Mr Nagga jar (mine says Hot Pepper Pickle Very Hot)

the key thing is many thanks to Chewytikka for once again posting which e already know will be an invaluable video (will have to view on relatives machine).

www.curry-recipes.co.uk/imagehost/pics/dc0fab1bc76a4e4d6725fa37b134e8a5.JPG

ref link http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=6005.msg60013#msg60013

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 03:08 PM »
hi guys i get this from 1 of the gurkha shops in ashford kent (remember phil?) it will give you want you want in a naga i'm sure  ;)

regards
gary

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 03:53 PM »
Now that is right up my street :P ::) ;D  Must see if i can track some of this down ???

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 05:48 PM »
hi guys i get this from 1 of the gurkha shops in ashford kent (remember phil?)

I do indeed, Gary, and it is definitely time I went there again.  But on my previous trips I have not succeeded in locating a supplier of MDH spices (Kasmiri mirch, degghi mirch), so I am still dependent on Tunbridge Wells for them.  Do you know if any of the Gurkha shops in Ashford carry the MDH range ?

** Phil.

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 08:04 PM »
"I have not succeeded in locating a supplier of MDH spices (Kasmiri mirch, degghi mirch), " 
hi phil i mite know of a place in ashford that sells MDH spices, if my mind serves correctly...( pmsl i've been a postman in ashford for 25 years and i lived there for 23 years of my life) .... there is a chemist on the corner of beaver road 200yards from 2 of the gurkha shops you visited its called ashdown chemist, but is run by mr & mrs shah! they also do spices, whole aswell! will take a look tomorrow i know they sell methi leaves a small box costs just 50p :D and they do sell MDH  8)

regards
gary

btw ch if you pm yours address i'll get one or 2 for you mate!!!!!!!!! up for a phall anytime hehehehe! or a real naga use daves insanity ghost pepper sauce! i was lucky enough to pick 3 of these for 3gbp in asda before the stopped doing them! pmsl they sell a sorching hot vindaloo pmsl! and i tried their findaloo ..... korma lol!

regards ch
gary ;)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 09:09 PM »
btw ch if you pm yours address i'll get one or 2 for you mate!!!!!!!!! up for a phall anytime hehehehe! or a real naga use daves insanity ghost pepper sauce! i was lucky enough to pick 3 of these for 3gbp in asda before the stopped doing them! pmsl they sell a sorching hot vindaloo pmsl! and i tried their findaloo ..... korma lol!

Cheers for that Gary.  Certainly none of it round my neck of the woods although i can lay my hands on Mr Naga easily and features regularly in my phalls ;D.  Although lately i've found myself cooking other dishes instead ??? How do you think this one compares to Mr Naga?  You got yourself a bargain in Asda.  I haven't tried that particular sauce.  However, i do have bottles of Da Bom and Hotter Than Hell extracts in the fridge for emergencies  ::). I'm sure there are a few BIR's where these do feature in the kitchen and are used for customers who like their phall exceptionally hot :o :o  I think i was a victim of this the other week when i visited Rochester for the Dicken's fesival.  Having eaten incendiary curries for over 25 years I can only put the intense heat down to an additive other than extrahot chilli powder or fresh chillis.  In the end i had to have  a doggy bag :-\.  I put my inability to tolerate it down to too much beer but when i tried the remains the next evening, it was every bit as hot and after two mouthfull's my eyes were streaming :'(  The buggers had done me good and proper >:( 

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 07:13 PM »
To match your local, make a Bhuna style curry with plenty of spicing and add the Mr. Naga halfway through a 10min cook,
reducing down at least 3 lots of curry base to create the Bhuna.

My Achari video is an example of the technique. https://vimeo.com/24117518

For anyone who can access the video "http://www.southtyneside.com/sizzler/Naga.html". is the above it so to speak or is there anything more in the video.

i'd love to make this and can go on the quote but want to make it to spec.

©2024 Curry Recipes