Author Topic: Hi from France  (Read 4606 times)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from France
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 07:57 PM »
Clive

Go to the top of the website and click on "forum", then go to starters and side dishes - you'll see section for "breads" - click on there and then click on "new topic". Pop your recipe in there. Look forward to seeing it!

Steve

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Hi Clive,

And welcome to the forum. You'll find everything you need here to produce fantastic tasting BIR dishes, just hope you can get all the ingredients you need. If not then I am sure you will be able to buy them online or have family back home who can send them to you.

Once you are settled here and start producing mouth watering dishes, you will probably be able to go and show the french how to do it properly :)

Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy...

Offline timeless

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 11:01 PM »
When I lived in Montpeillier for awhile ended up craving a good curry went to one in the city centre called Restaurant Bombay overpriced muck to be honest

Offline Clive77

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 11:56 AM »
I goto Paris several times a year, and I avoid French Indian Restaurants like the plague.
Just as the Indian foods were adapted for BIR, the French adapted their Indian food to be bland and dissappointing. Particularly avoid Saravana Bhavan on Rue du Faubourg St Denis. My wife and I had a very very bad experience in there last year.

Not surprising really, it's such a tourist trap in that area, def to be avoided. If anybody does come to Paris and can't suppress the craving for a curry, the best place to find a decent curry house is in the 10th district around the Gare du Nord area. That's the main Indian population area in Paris and whilst it won't be BIR it's the closest you'll find. There are also several indian mini markets where you can get all your main ingredients, spices etc...you never know.

©2024 Curry Recipes