Author Topic: Lamb Karahi as influenced by CRO members  (Read 11605 times)

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Lamb Karahi as influenced by CRO members
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 07:23 AM »
heres a screen shot

i see strange symbols to.
nice curry btw

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 09:21 AM »
Sorry guys edited again - i wonder if its because my keyboard is set to USA English and if that is making a difference - when previewed the post looks OK with no probs!!

best, Rich

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 10:09 AM »
Sorry guys edited again - i wonder if its because my keyboard is set to USA English and if that is making a difference - when previewed the post looks OK with no probs!!

best, Rich
I have the same problem as yourself Rich.  Some members see the funny symbols as UB shows above when use apostrophes.  My keyboard is set to English UK  ??? ??? :-\  When i preview its fine and when i view my posts on my work laptop they're also fine. ::)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 10:27 AM »
Lamb Karahi

I was so influenced by the chatter this week

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 11:35 AM »
Hi Bob they were smallish onions and tomatoes to be honest - this dish is very much with onion and tomato in - they virtually disappear into the sauce if you like - its great - I had a look at Rick Steins version and with just a little experience ive gained over the years i just chucked it all in, as it were......

The hardest bit to the dish was preparing the Lamb and precooking after marinating for 24 hours.. and that wasn't hard really.

Its very easy to make indeed and as a change from all the chicken curry i make it was delicious. I gave some to a friend from Chicago (out here) and he loved it.

I think next time (for me) i will add a spoonful of chili pickle and turn it into a Lamb Karahi Achari just to give it some heat

I will be making more and if i can see customers paying a higher price for Lamb dishes here, we will include it in our products.

best, Rich

Offline gansant

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 12:58 AM »
I've just got back in from a night round somebodys house where myself and a comrade were cooking 2 curries. I just gave this one a try and it was first class. I used Darth phalls base with it and the results were epic. Good news is I have some left. Thank you very much for posting this great recipe.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 02:43 AM »
A number of people are complaining about seeing weird symbols. I've done a basic analysis and I think this is what's going on: In the past, most computers were using a simpler text encoding scheme (ISO-8859-1) and these days most software would use a more robust and international encoding (utf-8). What happens is that prior to the forum upgrade sometime in december, the forum was storing and reporting the encoding to be in the old format (ISO-8859-1) and since the upgrade it is storing it in UTF-8, however, the server is not yet fully up to date with the new encoding and is communicating back still in the old encoding format (ISO-8859-1).

Now, until `Admin` fixes it, there is a temporary workaround. For recipes that show weird characters, try changing the encoding to utf-8.

For firefox users: menu View -> Character Encoding -> Unicode (UTF-8)
For chrome users: File( alt+f )/Menu -> tools -> encoding ->  Unicode (UTF-8)

This will change those characters to the readable characters.

The  "auto-detect" feature in firefox doesn't seem to work properly, but give it a try and if it works for you, use it. Chrome's autodetect seems fine in the limited testing I've done.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
A number of people are complaining about seeing weird symbols. I've done a basic analysis and I think this is what's going on: In the past, most computers were using a simpler text encoding scheme (ISO-8859-1) and these days most software would use a more robust and international encoding (utf-8). What happens is that prior to the forum upgrade sometime in december, the forum was storing and reporting the encoding to be in the old format (ISO-8859-1) and since the upgrade it is storing it in UTF-8, however, the server is not yet fully up to date with the new encoding and is communicating back still in the old encoding format (ISO-8859-1).

Now, until `Admin` fixes it, there is a temporary workaround. For recipes that show weird characters, try changing the encoding to utf-8.

For firefox users: menu View -> Character Encoding -> Unicode (UTF-8)
For chrome users: File( alt+f )/Menu -> tools -> encoding ->  Unicode (UTF-8)

This will change those characters to the readable characters.

The  "auto-detect" feature in firefox doesn't seem to work properly, but give it a try and if it works for you, use it. Chrome's autodetect seems fine in the limited testing I've done.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Quote from: Phil [Chaa006

It is a bad thing and I wish you'd stop doing it please!  >:(

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
It is a bad thing and I wish you'd stop doing it please!  >:(

It is a bad thing /in your opinion/, Santa : an opinion to which you are completely entitled and with which I completely disagree.
** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes