Author Topic: What are you going to be cooking tonight? :)  (Read 14422 times)

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: What are you going to be cooking tonight? :)
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 11:21 PM »
I just love sticky rice!
Fantastic with BBQ pork skewers (pork on bamboo sticks- kebabs) or chicken from the side of the road. Its one big takeaway this place - thats one of the reasons i love it. Just pull up and buy scoff drive on!

best, Rich

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 05:43 AM »
Just need a little plastic bag of papaya salad another of thai whisky and sunset over the Mekong for a perfect evening.

Offline colin grigson

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 05:52 AM »
I had a busy day yesterday having prepared 22 portions of pilau rice , CA's onion bhajis , Dip's mint sauce , 3 lots of Blade's tikka , CA's phall and CA's CTM and half a dozen of glazburgher's chapattis ... it all went down very well ( not all 22 portions of rice though  ;) ).

Currymonster3194

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 08:41 PM »
Now on my 24th  Vindaloo as per CA's recipe.....just love it used his and curry2 go base mix but prefer cA's base best

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2012, 06:21 PM »
Tonight I cooked Jalfrezi from CBM's ebook. Very, very nice indeed. In fact I surprised myself with it. Only Change I would make next time would be to add the garlic after the onion and green pepper as it was well toasty brown by the time the onions and pepper was ready for the next ingredients to go in. Didn't seem to harm the final flavour though.

No pic I'm afraid. It didn't last that long. I'd skipped breakfast and lunch so guzzled the Jalfrezi as it was the first food to pass my lips today!

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 08:12 PM »
Just now I am cooking curryhell's brinjal bhaji and my adaptation of curryhell's NIS for Taz base.

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2012, 10:04 AM »
By coincidence I also cooked curryhells brinjal bhaji last night
with saag aloo , mushroom bhaji and a CTM influenced by the little India videos from CBM
I also made up a Keema with pea with a big dollop of Priya ginger pickle ( recommended by chewy ) a great addition to the curry cuboard
All dishes I was very pleased with with all credit going to the people on this forum  ;)
Just to add went to Tooting and brought MDH kashmiri mirch 99p Shan powders are 2 for ? 1.20 and the Priya Pickle was ? 1.79

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2013, 06:52 PM »
Tonight it was Chewytikka's madras, but with lime juice instead of lemon juice. It was a subtle but interesting variation but on balance I think I prefer it with lemon juice, as the flavour is such a spot-on replica of many genuine BIR madras dishes I've been served in restaurants in the past.

Offline Geezah

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2013, 08:36 PM »
onion bajhi, saag aloo, bombay potato, tandori chicken, tandori tikka massala, chapatis

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2013, 08:43 PM »
darthphall's base, with some experimentation. I remember that when I defrosted/reheated the recipe from darthphall, I got a blast of that smell from my favorite TA/BIR in Cambridge, however, back then I never got any curry tasting anywhere near what I do today (besides a korma) but with so much more experience, I want to give it another try.

©2024 Curry Recipes