Author Topic: Tonights Dinner - Razor's Seekh Kebab, CT Jhal Frezi, CBM Madras  (Read 5897 times)

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Here's some pics of tonights dinner.

Everything turned out great. No issues with the BIR quality of this whatsoever.

I am hoping to get back to the UK later this summer and compare to true BIR fare.

Razor's Seekh Kebab
Chewytikka Jhal Frezi
CBM Madras

Everything was to spec, with the exception of an added tablespoon of Ashoka Bunjara in the Madras. The base was Chewy's one-hour pressure cooker version.

Really liked how the 'fresh' heat of the minced green chillies in the Jalfrezi, contrasted with the Kashmiri Mirch of the Madras. Both were excellent.

-- Josh

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:41 AM by joshallen2k »

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Mouthwatering indeed

best, Rich

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Looking Good Josh, well done :)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Excellent effort! I'm a big fan of the extra flavour the bunjarra adds.

I must try those Seekh Kebabs soon too - they look delicious! :)

Did you use Razor's revised recipe from 21/05/2012, or his orginal recipe from 14/03/2010?

Offline StoneCut

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Hhhm, makes me hungry!

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
They look great mate!! :P Gonna have to give that bunjara a go me thinks??

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Hi Naga,

Did you use Razor's revised recipe from 21/05/2012, or his orginal recipe from 14/03/2010?

At a guess, I would say that Josh has used my original recipe as the salt & pepper seasoning may have proved to be difficult to obtain in Canada? plus, my revised recipe does hold a lot better on the skewers.

Well done Josh, everything looks mouth watering :)

Ray :)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Thanks for the quick reply, Ray. I'll just need to grab myself some of that seasoning and I'm ready to roll! :)

Keith
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:50 AM by Naga »

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Hi Keith,

If the seasoning proves difficult to obtain, try mixing equal parts, salt, white pepper, chilli flakes, MSG garlic powder, ginger powder and Chinese 5 spice, this comes pretty close to the ready mixed stuff.

Don't worry about the 'chinese' elements as that 'chinese' flavour doesn't come through but the mix adds a deep spiceyness to the kebabs.

Ray :)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Thanks for that, Ray. I'd had a quick look at the SeeWoo website to see if I could pick it up in Glasgow but it doesn't look as if they do it. I'd probably miss out the MSG, given the choice, but I'll definitely be giving the kebab recipe a go as it looks delicious.

I see it can be bought online from Matta's International Foods in Liverpool, so I might give them a try next time I'm ready for a spice order.

Keith

©2024 Curry Recipes