Author Topic: Elaichi North Indian Special  (Read 43712 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Elaichi North Indian Special
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 07:28 AM »
The NIS has been on my to-do list of curries since it was originally posted (thanks for that!).

Scanning the ingredients and looking at the pictures, it looks a lot like what they serve over here as chicken tikka masala. Little resemblance to a BIR CTM, but often a tasty curry in its own right.

I will give this a go on the weekend.

-- Josh
CTM indeed  :o :o :o  Maybe you need to educate them  in the BIR ways Josh  ;).  You obviously know what a CTM should look and taste like from one of your earlier posts.  Will be interesting to hear your comments on the dish and how it compares to "CTM" Canadian style  ::) ;D

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 04:08 PM »
Hi CH

Pictures look fantastic i still have not made the new version due to the missus ACCIDENTLY knocking the tamarina i bought out of the cupboard smashing it hoping to get hold of some more for the weekend pics are making my mouth water

Jamie

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 04:23 PM »
i still have not made the new version due to the missus ACCIDENTLY knocking the tamarina i bought out of the cupboard smashing it
If the same thing mysteriously happens to your jars of Kashmiri Masala and Madras Kebab Paste, you /might/ want to consider installing security cameras ... :)

** Phil.

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 09:01 PM »
Your right there phil just found out im working around walsall near my asian supermarket the tikka is  already in the fridge marinating so should have it done this weekend ill take some pics but its gonna be hard to top CH's pics though look the dogs. Just a quick one the red massala sauce does it freeze wouldn't think it would keep that long in the fridge due to the yoghurt?

Jamie

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 09:03 PM »
Jamie, I have red masala ice cubes in my freezer, so can confirm they freeze and defrost just fine.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 10:35 PM »
Your right there phil just found out im working around walsall near my asian supermarket the tikka is  already in the fridge marinating so should have it done this weekend ill take some pics but its gonna be hard to top CH's pics though look the dogs. Just a quick one the red massala sauce does it freeze wouldn't think it would keep that long in the fridge due to the yoghurt?

Jamie

I'm sure your pics will be equally as good Jamie.  End of the day it's how it tastes that matters ;).  Pics don't always show what you've just cooked :o
As for the freezing of masala sauce, check the life on the yoghurt.   There's normally at least a month on the stuff i buy from Tesco or Morrisons ::) And it's normally pretty good even when you go past the date :o.  Freezes fine mate.  Looking forward to seeing the end results.  Hope you and the rest of us enjoy ;D

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2012, 07:55 AM »
Hi All

I finely got round to making this on thursday ready to eat on friday it's got great flavour but as i have said in a different thread i sliced the garlic to thick and didn't like the texture ill be making again tomorrow with a few tweaks.

cooked thursday i like to cook the day before when there is a lot of chilli involved so i can clear the nose and enjoy the taste more.

ready to eat friday

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2012, 10:28 AM »
Looks spot on Jamie, just how my local TA NIS look, garlic as well ;). This is the first dish that i've come across with thickly sliced garlic.  But I eat garlic in any shape or form ;D  Thanks for reporting back.  Will be interested to hear your "tweaks" mate.

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2012, 12:36 PM »
Hi CH

When i say tweak it's basically fine chopping the  fresh garlic and i went for the 3 teaspoons of chilli powder which was about right for me the only other thing is i like to chop thefresh  chillies and fry them at the same time as the fresh garlic i find this takes the edge of the rectum the morning after.

Jamie

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2012, 12:39 PM »
i find this takes the edge off the rectum the morning after.
Yes, I find that too : very painful.  Wish I knew how to stop it !
** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes