Author Topic: Chewy's Chicken Tikka 2012  (Read 60128 times)

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chewy's Chicken Tikka 2012
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2012, 10:59 PM »
CT - don't worry about my last post. I re-read your original and it specified cutting the breast into 3, so I did that.

Stage 1 Marinade

Chicken Marinating

Stage 2 Marinade ready to go

I will post back tomorrow after I've let this marinate overnight.

Oh and by the way... the wife was none too pleased with how much space my "new smelly curry thing" (patak's kebab paste) is taking up in the fridge.  ::)

- Josh

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2012, 12:38 AM »
OK - I finished the overnight marinade, and completed the tikka in a combination of oven and broiler per CT's instructions.

I must say this is an excellent tikka. I can't think of one I'd rate higher. Great work CT!

Offline SteveAUS

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2012, 01:19 AM »
Looks delicious  :)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2012, 11:01 AM »

Great feedback Josh. ;D
Your photos look amazing, really glad you got a result with this one.

Thanks for giving it a go. ;)
cheers Chewy

Offline StoneCut

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2012, 04:44 PM »
Can aonyone comment on the differences (in taste, texture etc) between this and CA's tikkas ? I made CA's tikka four times now and loved them every time but I guess there's always room for improvement or a different take. I'll probably try Chewy's recipe at one point myself I'm just wondering what makes this particular recipe so popular.

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2012, 06:10 PM »
OK - I finished the overnight marinade, and completed the tikka in a combination of oven and broiler per CT's instructions.

I must say this is an excellent tikka. I can't think of one I'd rate higher. Great work CT!

Hi Josh,

Just a quick question and nothing to do with the Chicken Tikka, but I noticed the Lindemans Bin 50 Shiraz in the background, one of my favourite wines and was going to ask you whether you have ever tried the Bin 40 Merlot?

I find this even better than the bin 50 Shiraz :)

For a very reasonably priced wine, both are great wines, however, have you ever tried the Australian Mollydookers? The Boxer and the Blue Eyed Boy?

Both outstanding Shiraz's the Blue Eyed Boy being more expensive and more smooth, but I have not found a better Shiraz anywhere else... :)

The Boxer retails for around $35 in the USA and the Blue Eyed Boy around $50 a bottle, well worth a try :)

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 10:38 PM »
Can aonyone comment on the differences (in taste, texture etc) between this and CA's tikkas ? I made CA's tikka four times now and loved them every time but I guess there's always room for improvement or a different take. I'll probably try Chewy's recipe at one point myself I'm just wondering what makes this particular recipe so popular.

I tried CA's tikka a few years back. If I recall, it doesn't use any Pataks (might be wrong though). I do remember enjoying CA's tikka, but I couldn't comment on how it compares to CT's. I do think I will stick with CT's going forward... plus I've got 2.4kg of kebab paste to get through!

Just a quick question and nothing to do with the Chicken Tikka, but I noticed the Lindemans Bin 50 Shiraz in the background, one of my favourite wines and was going to ask you whether you have ever tried the Bin 40 Merlot?

I find this even better than the bin 50 Shiraz

For a very reasonably priced wine, both are great wines, however, have you ever tried the Australian Mollydookers? The Boxer and the Blue Eyed Boy?

Both outstanding Shiraz's the Blue Eyed Boy being more expensive and more smooth, but I have not found a better Shiraz anywhere else...

The Boxer retails for around $35 in the USA and the Blue Eyed Boy around $50 a bottle, well worth a try

Haha... I have indeed tried the Blue Eyed Boy, and remember enjoying it well!

- Josh

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Hi Chewy

...finally got around to ordering some Patak Madras Kebab paste... Got it on-line in the end from here in case that helps any other members. None of my local shops sell this :( - (http://www.shortersclub.co.uk/products/21582-patak-madras-paste-22ltr.aspx)

Delicious Chicken Tikka, great depth of flavour. Made to your recipe exactly minus optional honey / brown sugar component. Planning to try the suggested  'Chat Masala with melted Butter/Ghee and brush' next time too  :P

Anyway, delicious! top Tikka! many thanks for the recipe  :)

(Cooked on big square skewers on gas BBQ -> image below)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2012, 08:23 PM »
Nice work Russ.  I'm sure it tasted as good as it looks.  It's definitely making me hungry :(  I must give CT's tikka ago as soon as i've tried Mickdabass's

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2012, 08:41 PM »
Nice work Russ.  I'm sure it tasted as good as it looks.  It's definitely making me hungry :(  I must give CT's tikka ago as soon as i've tried Mickdabass's

Hi Dave

That sure is the problem (and a good one to have :) ) so many delicious recipes to try on the list...

Well worth keeping this one on, or adding to all your lists!

Cheers!

©2024 Curry Recipes