Author Topic: Chewy's Chicken Tikka 2012  (Read 60248 times)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Chewy's Chicken Tikka 2012
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2014, 09:39 PM »
Thanks ED ;)

NJ
Add 2nd Marinade to the bag and leave for 4 hours or overnight in the fridge.

Neat Mustard Oil out of the bottle, I use PRAN Brand, from Bangladesh which is HACCP Complient.
Supposed to be good for your HAIR too! :o  ;D

cheers Chewy

Offline MonsieurBadgerCheese

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2014, 01:08 PM »
Oh and by the way... the wife was none too pleased with how much space my "new smelly curry thing" (patak's kebab paste) is taking up in the fridge.  ::)

- Josh

Just catching-up on some of the older posts, as fairly new to the Forum. Looking forward to trying this recipe.

Amused by your comment Josh. They just don't get it, do they? I finally solved the problem by buying my own separate 'curry fridge', and 'curry freezer'.

Not a patch on a 'curry-shed', and not cheap, but much cheaper than upgrading the wife - which I have also tried in the past!

MBC  :)

littlechilie

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2014, 06:53 PM »
Making this tonight Chewy let you know how it goes.

littlechilie

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2014, 08:13 PM »
Hi Chewy I would like to thank you for this recipe we found it cooked to perfection.
Here are the great results chicken breast and chicken thighs tonight :)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2014, 12:21 AM »
Nice one littlechilie

Glad you gave it a go and you got a good result.

Your photo does look a bit tasty ;)
cheers Chewy

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2014, 09:18 PM »
Made a close facsimile of this today, using the law of TLAR to guide me which resulted in less salt and G&G paste and a little less chilli powder.  Oh and no yoghurt because even without it there was plenty of marinade there for two large chicken breasts. an excess in fact, could've done a kilo of chicken. . But man it was good. Thanks Mr Chewy man for the inspiration, even if I didn't follow your recipe faithfully.

Just a comment though - I read every page of this thread but had to get to page 4 before finding anyone who'd made the recipe and had any comments on it. In the entire 6 page thread only 5 people have made it before me in over 2 years.

What gives? All over this forum there are threads with people talking shit instead of actually cooking curries. It's got me confused for sure!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 10:08 PM by Sverige »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2014, 09:51 PM »
What gives? All over this forum there are threads with people taking (moderated) instead of actually cooking curries. It's got me confused for sure!

And your bad language has me disgusted, for sure. You really do need to stop using bad language, if you want to avoid being one of very, very few people to get banned from this forum.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2014, 10:01 PM »
Dude, are you for real? Shit is something which drops out of all of our bottoms on a nearly daily basis. If the sight of the word written down makes you feel disgusted, you are the one not cut out to be on the Internet, not me.

I'd rather talk about cookery though, isn't that what we are here for?

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2014, 10:33 PM »
The slight hint of sugar in this recipe helps with the flavour balance, cancelling out some of that acidity and helping to make the "burnt ends" blackening effect on the exposed tips of the meat. Really delicious.

Offline chrisnw

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2014, 10:45 PM »
What gives? All over this forum there are threads with people taking (moderated) instead of actually cooking curries. It's got me confused for sure!

And your bad language has me disgusted, for sure. You really do need to stop using bad language, if you want to avoid being one of very, very few people to get banned from this forum.

Agree George, stop this now, whatever peoples view, and I know we are all bad boys & girls sometimes but no place for this language / tone here, sorry say goodbye  >:(

Chrisnw

©2024 Curry Recipes