Author Topic: Chewy's Chicken Tikka 2012  (Read 60136 times)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chewy's Chicken Tikka 2012
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2014, 11:45 AM »
Online safety experts say reports by users are key to tackling internet trolls.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-27351878

I'm grateful to decent users who bring bad language to the attention of the moderators.

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2014, 12:30 PM »
Phil
In your sermon you used quasi-foul language 4 times to get your points across when other well chosen words might have been a better choice its a pity its only making it more acceptable by repeating

littlechilie

« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2014, 12:49 PM »
My wife pulls me up rather quickly on words that I would not even consider foul! So it's good to see proactive people who would like to keep a forum clean.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2014, 12:55 PM »
Phil
In your sermon you used quasi-foul language 4 times to get your points across when other well chosen words might have been a better choice its a pity its only making it more acceptable by repeating

I cannot see how one can meaningfully discuss language if one cannot use as meta-language the very language under discussion.  If (for example) I had written "who (as in this case) uses "half-wit" and "spit" where ordinary polite language would [...] suffice", no-one would have been able to understand the point I was seeking to make.  But out of consideration for the vast majority of our members who have more refined sensibilities than Sverige, I bowdlerised the originals so that they were, whilst still recognisable, no longer spelled out in full.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:43 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2014, 01:07 PM »
Another good thread being driven off topic.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:01 PM by Graeme »

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2014, 01:09 PM »
Any form of foul language :( is a demonstration of a very low IQ

Nonsense. In my opinion, a puritanical objection to "bad" language is an exceptionally reliable indicator of low IQ and can also show a strong correlation to hypocritical tendencies. What might your grandchildren make of someone posting under the user name "Hoofhearted". Is this worse than the very simple word "shit"?

We are not living in Victorian times. The way people express themselves has moved on considerably and varies widely around the world. Better to raise kids aware of and prepared for the world around them than wrap them in a prudish bubble of insularity. Are you also raising your grand kids to believe in an imaginary man in the sky called God?

None of this has the first thing to do with the subject of this topic (chicken tikka) and the past couple of pages are a perfect example of what can very succinctly and accurately be described as the old codger brigade talking shit on this forum because they have nothing to say on the subject at hand and not the slightest talent for cooking curry. If admin is to start handing our bans to improve this place he would do well to look at some of the names who've thrown their hands up in mock horror at the perfectly inoffensive word "shit", so people who actually want to exchange information about BIR curry get a chance to speak.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2014, 01:13 PM »
The slight hint of sugar in this recipe helps with the flavour balance, cancelling out some of that acidity and helping to make the "burnt ends" blackening effect on the exposed tips of the meat. Really delicious.

Has anyone else made this recipe recently? Any views on it, questions about it, suggested improvements on it? That would be a good positive way to use this thread don't you think?

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2014, 01:22 PM »
Sverige,

I would prefer not to ban you so please keep on topic and try not to offend where possible.
Welcome to the forum by the way.

Stew

littlechilie

« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2014, 01:25 PM »
Quote from: Sverige link=topic=8714.msg112162#msg112162 date=
Are you also raising your grand kids to believe in an imaginary man in the sky called God?

What a silly statement to make ! There are 2.18 billion Christians around the world at a estimated guess, yet you are trying to replicate indian cooking with a strong religious culture and understanding of its own.
India is one of the world's oldest and most diverse cultures.

You are in the minority with your statement my friend.

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2014, 01:30 PM »
Sverige
You are saying foul language is ok on this forum
Well that's your opinion

©2024 Curry Recipes