Author Topic: Chewy's Chicken Tikka 2012  (Read 60131 times)

Offline chrisnw

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chewy's Chicken Tikka 2012
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2014, 01:38 PM »
Quote from: Sverige link=topic=8714.msg112162#msg112162 date=
Are you also raising your grand kids to believe in an imaginary man in the sky called God?

What a silly statement to make ! There are 2.18 billion Christians around the world at a estimated guess, yet you are trying to replicate indian cooking with a strong religious culture and understanding of its own.
India is one of the world's oldest and most diverse cultures.

You are in the minority with your statement my friend.

Totally agree LC, reported really offensive comments yet again to moderator, someone needs to stop this now  >:( Admin should have backed George and pulled the plug!

Chrisnw

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2014, 01:44 PM »
Hi Sverige, glad this recipe inspired you to cook ;)
This recipe doesn't need any improvement, its perfect every time and a step up to most BIR
Cheers Chewy

Chewy's Chicken Tikka 2012

I bought two large Chicken breasts at the halal butchers. about 1kg.
Each breast I cut into three and popped them into a freezer bag.

This recipe involves a double marinade...

Moderated edit: deleted waste of space repetition of entire post, with photos from post #1.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:12 PM by George »

Offline Dajoca

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2014, 05:35 PM »
I have no issue with Sverige's language.
He is, after all, one of the few who have tried this recipe and has helpfully commented on it.

What I do have an issue with is the frequent petty bickering and occasional collective nastiness that plagues too many threads.
That is presumably considered acceptable behaviour here, yet (IMO) it is more likely to drive people away than the occasional expletive.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2014, 05:52 PM »
Dajoca hit the nail on the head there. If any good can come of this nonsense hopefully it's put this excellent tikka recipe onto some more people's radars and I hope a few will try it and realise how good this is.  Chewy has reposted the recipe to bring us back on track.

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2014, 06:53 PM »
Another well done to Sverige for having the audacity to do some cooking on a cooking forum.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2014, 07:44 PM »
Another well done to Sverige for having the audacity to do some cooking on a cooking forum.

We've yet to see any evidence of the gentleman's cooking on this forum.

Offline chrisnw

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2014, 07:50 PM »
It is a sad day for any forum when a member is allowed to repeatedly use expletives / profanities as part of their normal narrative, in addition to abusing a well respected moderator and decrying peoples religious beliefs. Those who have voiced support for this member are defending the indefensible, sorry but you are.

George, many thanks at least you have tried.

Chrisnw

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2014, 08:22 PM »
Reckon CA is behind this or its CA the more I read into it making trouble
Sverige made a reference to a hoofhearted who was banned months ago from his site

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2014, 08:35 PM »
We are not living in Victorian times. The way people express themselves has moved on considerably and varies widely around the world.

I used to think Sweden was one of the most civilised countries in the world, until I went there for a few days. Perhaps your standards are very different to the situation in the UK. I suggest you should learn to show some respect for the customs of the country hosting this forum. I try and base decisions on what is acceptable here in the UK, on indicators such as bad language which would be deemed unacceptable in places like a school, a doctors surgery or the House of Commons (British Parliament). Anyone using your bad language in any of those places would be in big trouble. Noble Ox is spot on if he means applied intelligence. You might have the IQ of a rocket scientist but what good is that if you can't apply it in terms of decent behaviour?

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2014, 08:56 PM »
I try and base decisions on what is acceptable here in the UK, on indicators such as bad language which would be deemed unacceptable in places like a school, a doctors surgery or the House of Commons (British Parliament).

I don't think, George, that the House of Commons is a suitable example of good behaviour - perhaps the opposite. And schools, in particular, are places where 'bad' language is not taught in the classroom, but is prevalent on the premises (and, indeed, learned there).

I have no issues with Sven using 'swear' words, particularly mild ones - although I do appreciate that if members' children or grandchildren have access to this site, that may be a problem. Perhaps that is more down to the guardianship of those in charge of the children. This is an adult forum - I don't imagine many children choosing to try to replicate curries they have been served by their parents. So there will be the occasional 'bad' word. I'm not immune to it myself :)

If we want to 'attract' younger members, we should swear more and speak in text. 'Yo I jst mde 1 kickas mthrfckin big C man awesome ch n kfc in a bigass bstrd pot ting. My mom s gonna freeek wen it sobre up innit'

Kindest regards,

Garp   

©2024 Curry Recipes