Author Topic: Chewy's Chicken Tikka 2012  (Read 60020 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chewy's Chicken Tikka 2012
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2014, 09:13 PM »
Sverige,

I would prefer not to ban you so please keep on topic and try not to offend where possible.
Welcome to the forum by the way.

Stew

Well said Stew.  Maybe this comment should apply to one or two others as well  ::)  If there was more cooking results and less cr*p posted, this forum would be even better.  Thankfully, we haven't descended to the levels of the "dark side" yet.

littlechilie

« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2014, 09:30 PM »
Shivering at the thought of the dark side  :'(

On a brighter note, a couple of pages back I have reported my findings on Chewy's Chicken Tikka, and I find it very tasty indeed.
I still use this recipe when cooking Tikka ;)

Hi Chewy, I shall also be making your 3 hour base next week, I'm looking forwards to trying it out.

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2014, 08:12 AM »
Mods
Why not have a section or topic area where those who wish can swear their heads off and irritate each other adult content with warnings
Those wishing to learn or add to cooking skills can use the rest of the site without all the foul language

Offline Donald Brasco

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2014, 02:58 AM »
What's the reason for the two stage marinade?

Offline akashorty

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2014, 09:05 PM »
Hello.
So, here I am, a newbie to this site and my first comment.
First attempt too at this dish and I was so impressed I had to get involved.
Hopefully a few piccies will attach somewhere...? First apology (see later) to those who shudder at the charred nature of things, but I like it that way :-)
I followed the recipe to the letter ....except:
  • I used Pataks Tikka paste as a substitute for the three different pastes that are in the recipe (Inadequate store cupboard at the time of prep, but it seemed to work).
    However, to compensate for any deficiencies in this approach, I experimented with 1/2 tsp of "TRS Tamarind paste"
    Cooked under a grill at full chat (no pun intended!).
Naan bread was courtesy of "Uncle Buck" : http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,6282.0.html - first attempt here too. ...and absolutely spot on. I like 'em thin and crispy but, with feedback,  next time will try to be less heavy handed with the rolling pin as "shewhomustbeobeyed" and "Sonandheir"" said they'd like more dough...
Mint sauce was a cupboard concoction comprising of yoghurt, finely chopped coriander, Colemans Garden Mint, garlic and ginger paste, a splash of good 'ol Pataks Tikka Paste (keep the flavour theme running), mango chutney, salt and finely lemon juice to thin it a bit.
..and that's it.
Given the previous few pages of comment's, am I allowed to use the word "nuts"?
If so, Chewy, your recipe is the duck's nuts! You, sir, are worthy of your ranking on this wonderful site and I humbly doff my cap to a master.
If "nuts" is in any way offensive, I offer my humblest apologies!
Second piccy is a somewhat disappointed third member of the family who was only left with my thin naan by way of compensation (note the otherwise empty plates)!
In summary, this surpasses anything I have yet to experience at a BIR and thoroughly recommended.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:55 PM by akashorty »

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2014, 01:28 PM »
Nice trousers!!! :D ;)

Careful though mate- empty plates can lead to extreme measures!!!

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2014, 09:46 PM »
Hi shorty and welcome. Looks like great tikka to me, even if it's maybe more charcoal than I prefer. Stick around and don't make that your only post

©2024 Curry Recipes