Author Topic: Chewy's Chicken Tikka 2012  (Read 59489 times)

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chewy's Chicken Tikka 2012
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 02:32 PM »
Same here in Oz Josh. The only one of the Pataks pastes that we can get is the tandoori paste, in normal domestic sizes.

The food does look excellent Chewy. 8)

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 01:15 AM »
Let me know if you'd like me to research costs for purchase and postage to Toronto (estimate : between

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 09:01 AM »
Let me know if you'd like me to research costs for purchase and postage to Toronto (estimate : between

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 03:12 AM »
OK, will do.  Would you want the full 2.4kg catering size, or a smaller quantity ?

Hmmm. How difficult would it be to pack some in a sealable container? I don't think I'd ever make a dent in 2.4kg!

Phil - I totally appreciate your help in sourcing this!

-- Josh

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 08:16 AM »
Hmmm. How difficult would it be to pack some in a sealable container?
Fairly easy if it is a glass jar (I have many of those), a little more tricky if it is to be plastic as I'm less certain I can easily find one of those.  Glass may fracture in transit, which is why I would prefer plastic, but if I can't find one of the latter it will have to be a glass jar (standard consumer-size Patak's jar).

I don't think I'd ever make a dent in 2.4kg!
I know the feeling !

Phil - I totally appreciate your help in sourcing this!
You're very welcome : CR0 is, after all, a place where we all try to help each other.

What I will do is weigh a standard Patak's jar, ready filled, use that the work out the postage, caculate what fraction of a 2,4kg tub will be needed to fill the jar, work out the cost of that, then let you know the total.  You can then decide whether you want to go ahead, and if you do, I will order the tub and set things in train.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:53 AM by Phil (Chaa006) »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 09:03 AM »
Update : I can pack one, two or three Chinthe pickle jars (glass) in a heavyweight map tube with a layer of bubblewrap on the inside.  The postage costs for one, two and three respectively are approximately
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:20 AM by Phil (Chaa006) »

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 10:13 AM »
Hi Phil

That link doesn't seem to work. You've got me all excited now at the prospect of getting some proper stuff.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 10:21 AM »
Sorry, Mick : I thought I checked the link in preview mode before posting, but I must have made a mistake on this occasion.  Now corrected.

** Phil.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 12:57 PM »
Phil/Josh,

This thread is about Chewy's Chicken Tikka.  Wouldn't it be better if you messaged each other about sending the said tikka paste?  I'm sure most members aren't really that interested in all the details of the transaction!  ???

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 01:18 PM »
Phil/Josh,

This thread is about Chewy's Chicken Tikka.  Wouldn't it be better if you messaged each other about sending the said tikka paste?  I'm sure most members aren't really that interested in all the details of the transaction!  ???
But Chewy's Chicken Tikka 2012 requires Pataks Madras Kebab Paste, and Josh Allen want to cook it; he can't source it in Toronto, and I am trying to assist.  If you read the recent message from Aussie Mick, you will see that he too is interested in obtaining the paste, and the same may well be true for a number of our expatriate members (perhaps even your good self).  So whilst I fully accept that it is tangential to the main theme of the thread, it is most certainly not off-topic, and taking it to P.M. would have excluded Aussie Mick and any other interested member.

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes