Author Topic: Saturday night's feast  (Read 8145 times)

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday night's feast
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 07:45 PM »
Wonderful stuff JB, deserving of the praise you've received. Which nan recipe do you use?

Thanks for the kind comments,I know you all know how long these things can take,it really does make it all worthwhile guys.The naan recipe is here..

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=1870.

I've tried quite a few naan recipes from this site and from other scources.I've never been completely happy with any of them but this one is spot on.They always seemed to turn out too hard,but these(apart from the ones made with the restaurant dough!!) were fantastic.

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2012, 07:57 PM »
Dedication JB, looks epic.
How much better do you think your cooking has become in the last year!
Especially with your Zaal session.
cheers Chewy

I feel quite confident now that I can produce a fairly decent BIR meal.The Zaal lesson was fantastic(we must go back),although credit must be given to this site and all of the members' input,especially all the videos from actual BIR kitchens.When I think back to when I first joined I honestly hadn't a clue about BIR cooking,it was Abdul's lessons that really gave me confidence so a big thanks to him as well.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2012, 09:07 PM »
I feel quite confident now that I can produce a fairly decent BIR meal.The Zaal lesson was fantastic(we must go back)
Totally agree on that Jason
.....although credit must be given to this site and all of the members' input,especially all the videos from actual BIR kitchens.When I think back to when I first joined I honestly hadn't a clue about BIR cooking,it was Abdul's lessons that really gave me confidence so a big thanks to him as well.
I second that thankyou as well

What is there left to say jb??  F*****g good job fella.  I'll let Spice know if they're a chef down anytime I know just the person :D.  In the meantime, when are you hanging the flock wallpaper and when is the grand opening of your place ::) ::).  A true testimony and credit to your cooking skills and also to the site and its contributors.  It just shows what can be achieved by using all the information freely available on this site because of like minded individuals efforts who are always trying to further the cause of BIR cooked at home 8).   Now can i have a North Indian Special, mushroom pilau, saag aloo, and a peshwari naan please.  Oh and throw in a cauliflower bhaji as well ;).

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2012, 09:11 PM »
Many thanks to Curyhell for supplying his North Indian dish recipe,simply wonderful.
I take it then, that the NIS was fairly close to the mark then ;D ;D  Glad you've cracked the naan bread mate and i bet that tikka was fantastic.  Keep up the good work.  That was no feast, it was an absolute total and utter self indugent blow out ;D ;D  I think those beers were very well deserved mate ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:08 PM by curryhell »

Offline emin-j

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 10:01 PM »
Very well done Jb it all looks wonderful  :P
The standard of food being cooked on here lately would put a lot of BIR t/a to shame  :D expect enquiries from some of them soon Jb  ;)

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2012, 11:22 PM »
Absolutely stellar! So much work, so much reward!

©2024 Curry Recipes