Author Topic: Chicken Tikka - better than the BIRs  (Read 187216 times)

Offline currytester

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka - better than the BIRs
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 04:00 PM »
I made this last weekend but lacked the Pataks Tandoori Paste. So I used some Rajah Tandoori Massala instead and added 1 tsp of tamarind paste plus a couple of tablespoons of yoghurt instead of the water. Marinated for 24 hours it was quite simply the best CT I have tasted and it melted in the mouth. To cook the tikka I set the oven to 230 and cooked the chicken on skewers for just 5 minutes. I then added the chicken to the CTM sauce and cooked for a further 5 mins - Highly recommended recipe - well done Blade

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 05:19 PM »
Thanks for the feedback currytester  :)

I wounder where blade1212 went? blinding recipe this...

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 01:44 PM »
I make this a lot now and throw it on the BBQ, i tend to put the chicken on metal skewers with onion between each piece of chicken.

This is one of the best recipes on the site, it really is amazing.
I also add in a bit of Deggi Mirch now, which is fiery red chili powder and this works a treat.

If you have not tried this recipe you are missing out.

Stew 8)

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 02:13 PM »
I'll be trying this one very soon. It receives brilliant ratings! ;D

Offline chowie

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 06:14 PM »
So this is the first thing I've tried from this site, I've just put this to marinade, was surprised when I saw this with no Yogurt etc but it looks and smells great. Had some Chicken drumsticks hanging around so I scorched them with a sharp knife about 6 times each and stood them in the Lemon Jucie. I added one extra tbl spoon of water to get more coverage and added about 1 tbl spoon of fresh chopped coriander ( will add more to serve). Could not find a Pataks Tandoori paste but found one made by "deep" with looks just as good, checked for Tamarind..

Also found a new great Indian bazar here today which I was like a kid in a sweet shop  ;D, there are not many here in Orlando.

Offline rachel

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 09:37 PM »
So this is the first thing I've tried from this site, I've just put this to marinade, was surprised when I saw this with no Yogurt etc but it looks and smells great. Had some Chicken drumsticks hanging around so I scorched them with a sharp knife about 6 times each and stood them in the Lemon Jucie. I added one extra tbl spoon of water to get more coverage and added about 1 tbl spoon of fresh chopped coriander ( will add more to serve). Could not find a Pataks Tandoori paste but found one made by "deep" with looks just as good, checked for Tamarind..

Also found a new great Indian bazar here today which I was like a kid in a sweet shop  ;D, there are not many here in Orlando.

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 09:17 AM »
Can anyone tell me what a desert spoonful should consist of in quantity please? I have several desertspoons which I use for puddings and quite a few of them are different sizes.

I have proper spoons for a teaspoon and tablespoon measure but not a desertspoon  :-\

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2008, 09:19 AM »
Can this recipe also be used for Lamb tikka? I have to say I prefer lamb tikka to chicken tikka.

If not does anyone have a recipe for lamb tikka please?  :)

Offline chowie

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2008, 01:19 PM »
Can anyone tell me what a desert spoonful should consist of in quantity please? I have several desertspoons which I use for puddings and quite a few of them are different sizes.

I have proper spoons for a teaspoon and tablespoon measure but not a desertspoon  :-\

I use the 15-10-5ml method with a dessertspoon being around 10ml, Tablespoon 15ml, Teaspoon 5ml. I believe technically a dessert spoon would actually be around 12ml.

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2008, 07:37 PM »
hi 96bar
for a lamb tikka marinade add 1 tsp of colemans fresh garden mint to the marinade when you blend!
regards
gary

©2024 Curry Recipes