Author Topic: Chicken Tikka - better than the BIRs  (Read 188548 times)

Offline two-sheds

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka - better than the BIRs
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2008, 01:36 PM »
IJRICHARDSON trainee chef

can you reccomend (having frozen the tikka at an earlier date) the best way to prepare them for the table ie defrost then microwave or
ovenheat?

preparing and cooking tikka tonight hope to serve this coming saturday evening

many thanks

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2008, 05:01 PM »
After having made this again and feeling much happier with the results, I've realised that there are two very important points. Firstly, as the recipes says, use big pieces of chicken, 2 or three pieces per breast. Secondly make sure that the chicken is completely dry on the outside once cooked. I made this mistake before and the moist colouring got into my Madras sauce and really ruined things.

Offline dellydel

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2008, 03:29 PM »
Another thumbs up from me, made this the other weekend and it really was superb!

I cooked it under the grill ate a few pieces and added the rest to my Madras, delicious!

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2008, 03:51 AM »
can you reccomend (having frozen the tikka at an earlier date) the best way to prepare them for the table ie defrost then microwave or
ovenheat?

Sorry this reply is a bit late for your dinner party!  :P

I would defrost and microwave them.  They will remain succulent then.  They might become a bit dry in an oven.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2009, 12:54 AM »
Hi all,

This is the first recipe that I have tried on this site. I have got to say, that it was truly amazing.  I love lamb tikka, especially from my local kebab house but, every time I have had a go at making it, I have always used yogurt. To be honest, I hate the stuff, and have never really achieved the desired results.  When I noticed that this contained none of the dreaded stuff, I just had to make it.

It was by far the best that I have ever tasted, so much so, that I raced round to my local kebab house to let them taste a sample. Unfortunately, all but one of the staff, are vegetarians :o. Luckily for me, the one that tasted it was one of the chef's ;D. He liked it so much, that he has asked ME for the recipe.

Not quite sure what the protocol is, on passing on recipes from off this site, as it's usually me pestering them, for their recipe's :). If nobody objects, I will pass the recipe on in return for some of their recipe's to re-post back on here for all to share.

What a great site this is by the way. Who ever got this site going should be so proud of themselves as should all the contributing members.

Thanks once again,
Ray

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2009, 02:14 PM »
I made this recipe the other night to go with CA's massala sauce,  they were brilliant, the best I have ever tasted, thankyou!

Offline seanieboy

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2009, 06:14 PM »
i am making my first batch of blades chicken tikka as the reports on it sound excellent, will let everyone know how it went and might have photos too  ;D

Offline seanieboy

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2009, 09:47 PM »
just made my first batch of blades chicken tikka, absolutely superb, the whole family loved it! better than any i have tasted in a BIR, i will be adding this to all my curries from now on! ;)

Offline seanieboy

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2009, 09:48 PM »
sorry about the picture quality but i am new to all this  :-\

Offline kev69

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2009, 10:41 AM »
oh yes!!made this yesterday i left colouring out and i only had dried mint,used real lemon and can honestly say it was superb!! i also fried some onion and tomato slices in left over marinade delicious,thank's blade  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes