Author Topic: Summer at last  (Read 908 times)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Summer at last
« on: August 20, 2012, 09:59 PM »
Summer seems to have finally arrive in the UK over the last week or so.  Tonight was the first opportunity that i have had to indulge myself in another pleasure of mine other than cooking and eating BIR food and drinking quality Belgium beer.  Gone are the days where i could do this at will as now the leppers need to leave the building. 
I cut and removed the cap, toasted the foot until it was charcoal coloured and then drew steadily until there was a uniform red glow, and then the room filled with that unique aroma only a quality hand rolled Cuban cigar can provide, full of the rich tasting tobacco from the finest tobacco gowing region in the west of Cuba in the Vuelto Abajo area of the island.  Heaven, or as close as i am going to get to it.  Reflection ensued during the hour and a quarter that my humble Monte no. 3 lasted, wishing I had opted for a no. 1 or gone the whole hog and savoured a cherished no. 2.
Happy memories came flooding back of times past and the many happy hours i had spent among such warm, welcoming and genuinely friendly people on my many visits to the island.
My period of reflection came to an end once it was time to lay my Monte no.3 down to  rest and allow it pass on in its own time.  It's been four long years since my last visit with a lot of water having flowed under the bridge.  The nearest i got was flying to Barbados to be best man at a  friends wedding but unfortunately that was not to be.  Divine intervention struck and an angry volcano that decided to vent its anger five days before i was due to depart .  Such is life. Hopefully all  will remain calm and the next six weeks will pass quickly and without a hitch, and i will once again board the plane, destination Island South of Miami.
Moments of reflection are not quite complete without a little more self indulgence in the form of a bottle or two of Leffe Blonde to accompany one of the finest cigars in the world.  And then just for good measure to round the evening off in true CR0 style..............................................

There'll be no NIS in Cuba, so i'll need to make up for this in the run up  ;D ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes