Author Topic: "Old School" Taste, Alive and Kicking  (Read 14999 times)

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: "Old School" Taste, Alive and Kicking
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 04:39 PM »
Hi all yeah the taste is still alive in a few places here in Glasgow, i just visited a new restaurant that opened in charing cross, glasgow called the punjabi, the food was the best i have had and they also do on the bone aswell, if you ever happen to be up this way please check it out, below is their website

http://punjabicharingcross.co.uk/

Garry

Offline Salvador Dhali

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 06:03 PM »
Hi all yeah the taste is still alive in a few places here in Glasgow, i just visited a new restaurant that opened in charing cross, glasgow called the punjabi, the food was the best i have had and they also do on the bone aswell, if you ever happen to be up this way please check it out, below is their website

http://punjabicharingcross.co.uk/

Garry

Glad to hear it, Garry. If 'the taste' was to ever die a death in Glasgow I shudder to think of the repurcussions!

I may be mistaken, but I have vague memories of visiting a restaurant called the Punjabi in Paisley Road from my time there in the early 80s, but then I have many equally vague memories from untold Glasgow curry houses from that period. (Bar the Shish Mahal, which I haunted regularly.)

Must get back up to Glasgow soon to rediscover what got me into this lark in the first place....

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2012, 09:08 AM »
Funnily enough Phil, a lot of Indians used Carnation milk in their tea as well. I'm a plumber, and I've worked in houses where I was offered a cup of tea, and in Asian households, it was always made with Carnation milkback in the 80's.  I say that as most people don't even offer a cuppa these days.
First thing I do whenever anyone has work to do in or on my house.  Never fails to be appreciated.
** Phil.

Me too Phil...it's just common courtesy as far as I'm concerned.

Sadly, these days people are too busy or just can't be bothered.

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2012, 09:49 AM »
Update:
Unfortunately I couldn't convince Miah to go on video with his cooking.
As he has too much competition in his area and doesn't like the idea of giving recipes away.

Talking about the old days of BIR. He said the main difference is the quality of the "Chicken"
Today their not natural and he wouldn't eat it himself. He still buys free range old Boilers for his own and family consumption.
Almost everything else is the same in quality with much more availability today, but at crazy inflated prices.

cheers Chewy

©2024 Curry Recipes