Author Topic: BIR Chicken Curry vs Kris Dhillon  (Read 2026 times)

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
BIR Chicken Curry vs Kris Dhillon
« on: May 01, 2006, 11:10 PM »
I am a chicken madras fan,so when I visit my local BIR thats my order. When it arrives its chicken in a dark chutney type sauce. However,when I have done the KD base sauce,and cooked the madras, as in the book its nice, but not great. I do a batch of the base, use some and freeze the rest. I have defrosted some for a chicken curry tonight and the end result was nice but a bit watery. Is that due to freezing??  I made a batch of basic sauce from The Curry house website. When I added it to very very hot oil it went really dark just like the BIR. I tried it with my KD base but it was still very cold after defrosting,so when I added it to the hot oil it spat a lot but just cooled the oil down and took a while to reach boiling point. I notice quite a lot of members are in favour of the KD base. I have yet to try some of the excellent recipes suggested. If I can get a fraction of the results you guys/gals get then that will be a start.......................regards......mike.. ;D ;D

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: BIR Chicken Curry vs Kris Dhillon
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 10:33 AM »
Hi Mike,

If your using it from frozen try heating the sauce before you use it, I always have that simmering away before starting my curry.  You may find that this would stop your curry being so watery as well, when heating up a frozen sauce I find I have to had a little water sometimes to stop it becoming to thick.

cK

©2024 Curry Recipes