Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 1714 times)

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Hi all
« on: October 16, 2012, 03:51 PM »
A VERY quick intro from South London / North Surrey

I have been making curry for years and although very happy with what I do now I cannot help but feel that I have got into the rut of making the same thing every week. Also wanting to get a stage nearer to the perfect BIR madras ( ZZzzz - but I like it ) which I appreciate can be different everywhere I go, and wanting to improve on the rice front, I have delved into the likes of Undercover Curry and Curry Secret, together with some gems on here from Bruce Edwards. Will let you know how I get on.

Seems like a lot of bases on here but most are similar. Trying not to get bogged down by too much info all at once.

Undercover makes a lot of sense and yes it is a disjointed read but my first real problem came with the 'curry spoon' ethos of life.  Hey I got one of those I thought. Great until you consider that a spoon that size will not go into any of my old coffee jars in which I keep my spices etc. !! Doh!!  Back to the drawing board.

Regards to all for now

Ruby

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 01:40 PM »
Ruby I've never read Undercover Curry but have read the posts on here and I think there are better starting points such as Bruce Edwards / Curry 2 Go / and also recipes posted by our members - ones by Razor, Chewy Tikka  and Cory Ander are ones that come to mind immediately.

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 02:10 PM »
Ruby I've never read Undercover Curry but have read the posts on here and I think there are better starting points such as Bruce Edwards / Curry 2 Go / and also recipes posted by our members - ones by Razor, Chewy Tikka  and Cory Ander are ones that come to mind immediately.

Noted and thank you. It is not starting I need - ( says the old b****er ) , it is more like developing in a slightly different direction.   ;)

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 10:46 AM »

Thank you -  a big thank you. Already finding Curry2Go an excellent reference. How videos help!!!  ...and I never would have thought to use an aluminium pan. RCR even says NOT to use it.

Offline Tommy Timebomb

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 01:50 PM »

Great until you consider that a spoon that size will not go into any of my old coffee jars in which I keep my spices etc. !! Doh!!  Back to the drawing board.

Think yourself lucky Ruby, you want to try and get a spoon into my common as muck containers of which I have plenty.  ???
Fortuanately a teaspoon fits the bill...  ;)
Watch out, there's a Humphrey about!

©2024 Curry Recipes