Author Topic: my first curry gig  (Read 6774 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: my first curry gig
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 07:54 PM »
Absolutely stunning feast and presentation!     

Rob

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 08:23 PM »
Looks wonderful,I know how much work goes into these curry feasts(although even I haven't done one on that scale yet!!)I do like the presentation,especially the big serving dishes with the lids,I was nearly tempted to buy a couple of these at my local market recently...again well done!!

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 09:14 PM »
Yeah same here JB it is a lot of work, i like watching the expressions on peoples faces when they first take a spoonful or chunk of food and then that surprised look.
That spread looks fantastic, i especially like the look of your tikka, well to be honest everything looks fabulous excellent work.
When are you planning your next event.

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 09:44 PM »
Whoa, Excellent work MT.

The party must have been a success, with a spread like that.

Curious about the logistics, did you cook it all and transport it to the venue, or use the kitchen on site.

Also interested in what cheese you used for the Malai Tikka.

Well done! looks great. ;)
cheers Chewy

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 10:12 PM »
Thanks everyone very kind words  :'(
The chafing dishes were brought new ( nice and shinny )
You can get round ones and also oval ones which are more expensive . They use the round ones at a local restaurant
and look fantastic but I went for the rectangular one because you can buy trays that fit inside so you can fit 2 or 3 dishes inside more practical.  It was a bit embarrassing as everyone was about to tuck in, the lids had been lifted and I was introduced as my first curry gig and then I had to tell everyone to wait so I could take the pictures to show my curry friends!  It was a hectic night, as the starters apart from the onion bahjis, where cooked on this very small bbq in the pouring rain, but it all worked out well.  Lots of compliments from everyone, and I might have two more jobs ... watch this space.

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 10:25 PM »
At home:

Monday Onion bahjais (100) far too many, Tuesday shopping, Wednesday marinating the chicken and lamb, Thursday base cooking.  Friday took day off and cooked all day starting at 8 a.m. cooked sauces for the three curries, then tandooried the chicken for the CTM then coloured rice then did the dips and chutneys, brought the nans in.  Arrived at party at 7 then cooked the starters on the very small bbq and warmed the curries on the store and bahjais in the oven.  Finished cleaning and tidy away at 10pm.  For the mains I cooked the sauces in batches of two portions, two curry pans on the go at a time.  The malai chicken, two cheeses are cheddar and Mozzarella - using Vineet Bhatia recipe and I'm still recovering  ;D

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 10:17 AM »
Very impressive Michael well done indeed! :)

Offline colin grigson

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 12:01 PM »
Well done MT !

That looks like a mountain of work and yet it all appears perfect .. like you'd expect at a restaurant buffet ! . The most I've cooked for is 7 and I said 'never again' after that .. well done again .. an inspiration   :) :)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 12:36 PM »
Hi MT,

I don't know what more I can say that hasn't already been said.  That looks so amazing and I know you must have put the graft in to achieve such excellent results.

Absolutely stunning.

Ray :)

Offline skronk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 01:18 PM »
Looks really nice mate. Congratulations ! :D

©2024 Curry Recipes