Author Topic: Last Night's Tea - Edinburgh  (Read 4753 times)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Last Night's Tea - Edinburgh
« on: November 04, 2012, 05:19 PM »
Took a selection of curries through to my mate's and he provided the alcohol - seemed like a good trade. Curries and alcohol went down well!

Clockwise from bottom left

Prawn Pathia
Mushroom Bhaji
Brinjal Bhaji (recipe by curryhell)
Chicken Madras
Chicken Punjabi Masala
Garlic Chill Chicken (recipe by unclebuck)
Chicken Tikka Chasni
Bombay Potatoes (recipe by Dipuraja)

Offline skronk

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Last Night's Tea - Edinburgh
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 09:33 AM »
Looks nice mate. Good spread !

What's your Punjabi Masala recipe ?

Cheers

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 04:56 PM »
Very nice selection of food there SL.  Your mate knows when he's on to a good thing.  A few beers for  a spread like that.  Shame you couldn't have done pics as you cooked 'em.  Bit of a marathon in the kitchen i'm guessing?  ;D

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 06:42 PM »
Took a selection of curries through to my mate's and he provided the alcohol - seemed like a good trade. Curries and alcohol went down well!

Prawn Pathia
Mushroom Bhaji
Chicken Madras
Chicken Punjabi Masala
Chicken Tikka Chasni

Nice spread Stephen, a good trade off if you ask me :)

I am so curried out by the weekends from the Uni, that my kids are beginning to start protesting at home,they haven't had curry for weeks, so am feeling a little guilty now.

I guess I will have to do something for them this weekend before they start to revolt!!  ;D

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 09:49 PM »
Looks nice mate. Good spread !

What's your Punjabi Masala recipe ?

Cheers

Skronk it's in the House Specials section

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 09:51 PM »
Very nice selection of food there SL.  Your mate knows when he's on to a good thing.  A few beers for  a spread like that.  Shame you couldn't have done pics as you cooked 'em.  Bit of a marathon in the kitchen i'm guessing?  ;D

Yeah it was CH, eight curries on the Friday - 4 chicken - 4 non meat, as my pal's wife eats only veg (and seafood hence the prawn dish). He's just emailed tonight to say he's having curry for the third night in a row so all's good.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 09:52 PM »

Prawn Pathia
Mushroom Bhaji
Chicken Madras
Chicken Punjabi Masala
Chicken Tikka Chasni

Nice spread Stephen, a good trade off if you ask me :)

I am so curried out by the weekends from the Uni, that my kids are beginning to start protesting at home,they haven't had curry for weeks, so am feeling a little guilty now.

I guess I will have to do something for them this weekend before they start to revolt!!  ;D

Bob it must be a bit like being a car mechanic and then all the neighbours wanting you look at their motors when you get home. Hope it's not spoiling your appetite for curries though!

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 10:05 PM »
Many moons ago in Manchester it was possible to order a bir Chicken Tandoori Masala.  It was a red, mild/medium sauce, made with off the bone tandoori chicken.  Not sure if they still do it there, but they don't in the Midlands.  Remember asking a local TA here and even after describing it they said no, but we can do you a CTM.  The Chicken Punjabi Masala looks the business.  Will be making it tomorrow.  Cheers Stephen.         

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 11:41 PM »
Many moons ago in Manchester it was possible to order a bir Chicken Tandoori Masala.  It was a red, mild/medium sauce, made with off the bone tandoori chicken.
At the Ababil, Eltham, that same dish was "Tandoori Chicken Jhoul" (it was possibly hotter than yours -- I seem to recall there were green chilli slices in the sauce).  I detest CTM, but Tandoori Chicken Jhoul was out of this world.

** Phil.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 11:47 PM »
Many moons ago in Manchester it was possible to order a bir Chicken Tandoori Masala.  It was a red, mild/medium sauce, made with off the bone tandoori chicken.  Not sure if they still do it there, but they don't in the Midlands.  Remember asking a local TA here and even after describing it they said no, but we can do you a CTM.  The Chicken Punjabi Masala looks the business.  Will be making it tomorrow.  Cheers Stephen.         

As I understand it, the Punjabi Masala and Tandoori Masala may be different names for the same dish. Let me know how you get on?

©2024 Curry Recipes