Author Topic: Madhur Jaffrey's Curry Nation  (Read 31075 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Madhur Jaffrey's Curry Nation
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 04:19 PM »
I'm doing it this way so it doesn't take me an age to upload.  Quality is compromised but its better than nothing and i've only compressed to 90mb from 188mb.  The video's are quite dark to begin with anyway so you wouldn't be gaining much even if i did upload them in full.  When i get the full series from my friends sky box i'll see what i can do, but for now you'll just have to watch them on vimeo.
OK, understood.  Will risk going into ratio-hell and download them anyway, in case someone else would like them uncompressed.  I /may/ be able to lighten them, but no promises.

** Phil.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 04:20 PM »
When i get the full series from my friends sky box i'll see what i can do, but for now you'll just have to watch them on vimeo.
And for that I and many others are eternally grateful Frank

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2012, 04:58 PM »
I'm doing it this way so it doesn't take me an age to upload.  Quality is compromised but its better than nothing and i've only compressed to 90mb from 188mb.  The video's are quite dark to begin with anyway so you wouldn't be gaining much even if i did upload them in full.  When i get the full series from my friends sky box i'll see what i can do, but for now you'll just have to watch them on vimeo.
OK, understood.  Will risk going into ratio-hell and download them anyway, in case someone else would like them uncompressed.  I /may/ be able to lighten them, but no promises.

** Phil.

Patience Phil.   :) I'll get them out there eventually.

Reminds me of when i set up free live football for a mate on his MacTV. More thrifty than me! A proper Arthur Daley.  :D
It was a few years ago now so the picture wasnt great but still Very watchable. He refused to watch live games because the quality wasn't perfect. ::) But Arfa,  its FREE!!  Free live footy on a saturdee afternoon without puttin more money into Murdoch's pocket does it for me.  ;)

Speaking of which . . .I'm off  ;D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 05:21 PM by DalPuri »

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 12:18 AM »
Patience Phil.   :) I'll get them out there eventually.

Got 'em :)  And ratio only down to 0.096 from 0.11, so not too bad a penalty.

Reminds me of when i set up free live football for a mate on his MacTV. More thrifty than me! A proper Arthur Daley.  :D  It was a few years ago now so the picture wasnt great but still Very watchable. He refused to watch live games because the quality wasn't perfect. ::) But Arfa,  its FREE!!  Free live footy on a saturdee afternoon without puttin more money into Murdoch's pocket does it for me.  ;)

Reminds me of how I watch a certain pay-for channel to this day : take unencrypted digital beam from one satellite, with sound track in language L1 (not English), take encrypted digital beam from second satellite, with choice of language L2 and L3 (where L3 is English), extract English sound from latter and mix with video signal from former.  Admittedly there is about a 2-second synch error, which does make sports such as snooker and show jumping a little less exciting than they would otherwise be (because you know from the audio audience reaction whether the shot has succeeded or a fence been knocked down two seconds before you see it for yourself), but at least you have access to over 2000 channels and pay for none :)

** Phil.

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 12:56 AM »
I used to stand in my garden looking through the kitchen window at a small portable b&w tv whilst tweaking my analogue satellite dish to get the german channels  ;D

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 11:51 AM »
The chef in Vid 2 (the 7min curry job) Say's that he never uses a gravy pot, and all his dishes are done fresh, So is he implying that all his dishes are made the same way as his mother used to  make them?? everything thrown into the wok first, Except the spices of course.

Les

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 01:45 PM »
The chef in Vid 2 (the 7min curry job) Say's that he never uses a gravy pot, and all his dishes are done fresh, So is he implying that all his dishes are made the same way as his mother used to  make them?? everything thrown into the wok first, Except the spices of course.

Les

And that deeply coloured spiced oil full of eastern promise.   :D

p.s.
once again my apologies for the delay of the rest of the vids. compressed, converted and uploaded the next 3 episodes yesterday without checking them  ::) :(
All 3 had a double audio track on them!! Had to delete them and start again.  ::)
Would be a lot quicker if vimeo/chrome didnt keep crashing just before they finished uploading!  >:(
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 01:59 PM by DalPuri »

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 01:47 PM »
No worries, there done, when there done. ;D

Les

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 06:37 PM »
Here's the next three instalments, same password.  ;)

Ep3 https://vimeo.com/53241504

Ep4 https://vimeo.com/53259289

Ep5 https://vimeo.com/53262060

Frank.  :)

p.s. George, will you please copy and paste the above 3 lines (as is) to the first post, then delete this post. Thanks.

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 07:12 PM »
Thanks Frank,
Excellent Job

Les

©2024 Curry Recipes