Author Topic: Viceroy Brasserie Abbots Langley: Chef Imram  (Read 56422 times)

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Viceroy Brasserie Abbots Langley: Chef Imram
« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2013, 09:26 PM »
When asked afterwoods about it  and where to  buy it because it was new to me
Ali said most shops TRS brand
A bit different from normal Chewy

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2013, 09:47 AM »
Neat little trick for sticking samosa pastry edges together. In the past I have tried brushing on milk or butter, with limited success. Reckon I will have to watch the vid a few times to get my around around how the pastry is folded though; I seem to have two left hands!  The chef makes it look easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFgNpgmmI9w

Rob  :P   

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2013, 02:34 PM »
The last lot of samosa skins I bought were actually from Tesco, similar to that in the video but the ends were cut to aid forming the triangular shape. I usually tuck the remaining flap inside the samosa, takes a bit of getting used to but works a treat.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2013, 07:57 PM »
Excellent Michael glad you enjoyed yourself,looking forward to the videos.He does seem like a really nice bloke.I was going to email myself about the possibility of some of us getting into his kitchen but you've beaten me to it!! Well done.
Obviously, i'll put my name in the frame for a Viceroy Brasserie experience as well jb.  One just can't get into the kitchens enough  ::) ;D

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2013, 08:19 PM »
I'll stick to proper samosa pastry thankyou.  Good to see that the Viceroy still makes them rather than buys in the frozen ones as many restaurants now do.
Great work on the videos Michael.  You're now an old hand at producing and uploading them  ;D ;)
As for the shami kebab, looks pretty much like what i see being dished up in restaurants 25 years ago.  I had a reshmi on Monday eve, the first time ever, and it tasted just how i expected - a round fried sheek but maybe not as spiced wrapped in a small omlette (obviously, extra spicing can be easily added prior to shaping onto the skewer for the sheek). Taste was good but disappointed that it wasn't a latice work of egg as it would have been a few years ago.  Expediancy I suppose for which there is always a price.
Good to hear of other's experiences of shamis though.  Your description sounds very tasty DP.  Surprised the dhal inclusion isn't wide spread as it's a further reduction in cost :)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 07, 2013, 11:09 AM »
Always enjoy watching Ali

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 02, 2013, 11:10 AM »
Some new youtubees from Ali. Meat samosa here. There's also a Bengali style spag bol, and egg fried bread. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sinf7YlOkaQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUcdB4rUHHTViRkO07dofbhA

Rob  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes