Author Topic: Garlic Vegetable - Any one familiar with this unusual (but delicious) dish?  (Read 1949 times)

Offline chilli pepper

• Chef
    • View Profile
Can anyone help here - 15 years or so ago we used to frequent an Indian Restaurant in Newton Abbot, Devon that had this dish on the menu as a main course, my question being is this common in BIR?s or was this a on-off as we have never seen it on a menu since, we have long since moved from that area and as far as I know the restaurant changed hands. It was very distinguisable from other curries as it was green in colour, of medium strength very garlicky and absolutely delicious! Are there any similar recipes on this site that spring to mind with anyone here? Would love to have a go at recreating it (or something very similar) Please bear with mel as I?m a newbie to the forum and will probably ask a few (daft?) questions! Thanks.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
I'm a newbie to the forum and will probably ask a few (daft?) questions!

As a former lecturer once said to me (cc the whole class), "there is no such thing as a stupid question; there are only stupid answers !".

** Phil.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
chilli pepper it sounds like a garlic saag curry you are trying to make.

Offline chilli pepper

• Chef
    • View Profile
Very good point Phil ! Thankyou h4ppy-chris, I had no idea anyone would come up with an answer as all the years I?ve been eating in Indian Restaurants i have only seen it on one menu, I shall  definately be investigating further on this recipe via this forum  :)   

©2024 Curry Recipes