Author Topic: Chicken Tikka  (Read 9744 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 08:26 AM »
Sorry guys, I wasn't hear to argue with anyone either, it's just that I have never seen them used in the restaurants I have been to thats all.....

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 05:15 PM »
Sorry guys, I wasn't hear to argue with anyone either, it's just that I have never seen them used in the restaurants I have been to thats all.....
Sorry 976
          I didn't mean my comments to seem unfriendly
I'm always keen to hear what other people see and think

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 07:22 AM »
it's just that I have never seen them used in the restaurants I have been to thats all.....

To be fair not all but most and people will say not for the better either.

"At Pataks, they are passionate about Indian food and want to share their knowledge and passion with you. Pataks, a household brand name in the UK, is fast becoming recognised around the world for creating authentic Indian food that is quick and easy to prepare. Their popular cooking sauces, curry pastes, chutneys, pickles, naan bread and pappadums make it easy for food lovers everywhere to prepare authentic Indian dishes at home in less than 35 minutes. Their curry pastes are even sold in 2.5kg containers in the UK where Pataks is served in over 75% of Britains 8,000 Indian restaurants."

Offline Derek Dansak

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 08:12 AM »
pataks get bad press on this site. its totally unfair, and seroiusly jeopardising your attempts at re creating bir cuisine. as haldi says the 3 main pataks pastes are used widely in real bir kitchens, i too have witnessed this. when used in small amounts they give a real boost to curries.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 08:42 PM »
Whether it is right or wrong, I agree, we shouldn't have to rely on manufaturer's products off the shelf, we should be able to produce that classic BIR taste at home from natural ingredients.....Thats why we are all here, to promote our findings and help each other.

I think I look at it in a completely different way! If BIRs which produce top flight BIR dishes use ready mixed pastes and other bought-in ingredients, then I suggest we need to. It seems highly likely they do - I've seen several commercial products in every BIR kitchen I've ever viewed. A key challenge must be to figure out exactly when and where these products are used, and to follow suit, even if it's unhealthy and the products contain loads of salt and horrible chemicals. Nobody said BIR food is good for you!

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 09:03 PM »
I'm not a fan of Pataks but they are used I can taste them from certain BIR's as Haldi points out mainly Baltis. I swear some BIR's will just add patak paste to a curry and call it a Balti.  As for use in Tikka I am not so keen a lot of BIR's probably do and the amounts they make maybe conceals the taste of them, I don't use it in my marinades even though this recipe calls for it, was a while ago now  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes