Author Topic: Balti from Terry's base  (Read 8349 times)

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Balti from Terry's base
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 12:44 PM »
Hi,  I use Terry's base and recipes and have found them to be excellent too!  CQ

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 01:36 PM »
Hi,  I use Terry's base and recipes and have found them to be excellent too!  CQ

But did you use the Rajah Gold Madras and did it stike you as anything special, compared to other Rajah curry powders?

Regards
George

Offline Ian S.

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 02:29 PM »
I've made Terry's base twice now, to the letter, using the Gold Madras.  I really couldn't swear that it contributed anything special.

I've also used it as the curry powder constituent in the Bruce Edwards Spice Mix, and used that in my usual base and curries - once again, I couldn't register a difference from a BE spice mix using the TRS and Rajah Mild powders.  The smell of the Rajah Mild and Gold powders in the packet, and their raw tastes on the tongue, are very similar - nothing jumps out at me. 

If there is anything to be gained by using it, it must be very subtle.  Certainly not a "crikey, this is what's been missing" type of difference.

Blimey, I sound like an old grump!  I don't mean to. :)

I did mail Terry to ask if he knew what the ingredients of Rajah Madras Gold were, when I asked him for a sample.  Although he kindly sent the sample, I didn't hear from him about the ingredients.  I can't find them on the net, I'm afraid.

But I am toying with the idea of using what I've got left of it as a replacement for the spice mix in a madras dish, on its own.  Just to see what it's like without being 'diluted' with the other spices.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 02:33 PM by Ian S. »

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 01:06 AM »
Hi Extrahotchilli,

I notice you on line, from time-to-time, but it seems you've stopped posting for some reason, which is a great shame?  Why is that?  Judging by the look of your curries, you still have a great deal to offer this forum.....they always look superb!

Hope to see you posting again soon EHC!  8)

Regards,

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 01:08 AM »
It also seems Terry ("Ifindforu") has disappeared?  That is also a great shame!  I have also tried several of Terry's recipes, including his curry base, and they are all excellent. 

It is a great shame that more people don't seem to be trying his curry base, it really is very good!  You're missing out guys!  8)

You can find Terry's original curry base (the one I've tried) here:  http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=923.0

Regards,
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 01:12 AM by Cory Ander »

Offline spicysarsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 08:51 AM »
cracking result Extrahotchillie, looks delicious, plenty of coriander in there too I see. Well done.

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 07:42 AM »
Hi Cory Ander
I have had a few personal problems over the 8 months thats the reason why I havent contributed to the forum with a bit of luck everything will be sorted out over the next 3 months or so and maybe i can get back to reality.

Thanks for yor concern

All the best

Chas

©2024 Curry Recipes