Author Topic: chicken tikka naga!  (Read 4783 times)

Offline woodpecker21

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
chicken tikka naga!
« on: June 02, 2006, 09:05 PM »
hi guys/girls

anyone ever had a chicken tikka naga.on the menu it says "A real vindaloo alternative.A very hot strong flavoured curry, cooked in traditional bangladeshi chilli. tasty and hot. just reheating 1 up in the cooker got it earlier. never had it bfore so will let you chilliheads know what its like  :) :) :) ;D
i did try to get to see it cooked but called in the afternoon when they are busy preparing for the evening ::) ::) but the waiter gave me the owners mobile phone number so i will be phoning him tomorrow for tomorrow night hopefully will post back asap with results of curry testing and feedback on the demo ;)

regards
 gary ;D

Offline woodpecker21

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: chicken tikka naga!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 09:57 PM »
well just finished the curry and pilau rice. the smell was quite chilli but meaty with it? remarkably the chicken tikka was still very moist and fell to pieces. forgot to wait and let it settle so was really too hot at first to tatse it properly if you know what i mean ::) taste was intiially quite chillified but the green chilli pieces i found in the curry were not hot at all? maybe they just cook the with the chillies and remove them unless specifically requested by the customer :o as they have a scoville scale factor of 2million according to richard hammond on top gear last sunday when trying to desciribe the bmw z3? as he drove down the road with tears in his eyes after putting the nagar chilli the tip of his tongue wincing with the heat anticipation :-[.
i conclude that i will be having a word with the manager about getting into kitchen and telling the chef if he is going to make  a real alternative to a vindaloo he better leave in a few chillies ;D
well g&gs
hope you all atleast try this :)
regards
gary  ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes