Author Topic: CA's Chicken Jalfrezi  (Read 80317 times)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Chicken Jalfrezi
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2010, 01:15 AM »
it was so authentic I'd have paid for it, hence have donated to the site

A very humbling endorsement and gesture makum, thanks very much, glad you liked it!  8)

Any chance of a CA's Dopiaza recipe?

How could I possibly refuse!  :P

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 08:15 PM »
Hi CA,

I've made this 3 night's running now, just to make sure that I didn't fluke the 1st one.  It's just about the best I've ever made and right up the with the best I've ever had.  I can, hand on heart, say that I will never buy a TA curry again, as long as I have the means to make this dish.

I followed your recipe to the letter, including using your base, and curry masala.  It really frustrates me when people try a members dish but alter it beyond all recognition, and then report back as it being "OK".

Anyway, absolutely brilliant, thanks ever so much.

Ray

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 11:15 PM »
Anyway, absolutely brilliant, thanks ever so much.

Thanks Ray; glad to hear you liked it and tried the recipe in it's entirety  8)

Just for completeness, can I ask if you used spiced oil in either the curry base or jalfrezi Ray?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 11:49 PM by Cory Ander »

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2010, 12:02 PM »
Hi

Thank you CA, for this excellent recipe. Please find below picture of this recipe (minus spiced oil) combined with your Chicken Tikka recipe to produce a Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi, which I must say is excellent  ;D.

Likewise, have also made a donation to the site.

Thanks again.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2010, 12:22 PM »
Looks really good solarsplace  8)

Thanks for the donation, I'm sure Stew (Admin) will be rapt!  :)

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 05:35 PM »
Hi CA
made your jalfrezi tonight was very tasty i don't eat them usually so don't know what to compare it to but was very nice i have posted a pic of my results in the pic section i did add some extra chopped chili but apart from that followed your recipe

cheers
Jamie

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2010, 01:06 AM »
Looks great jamieb728, glad you liked it.

Thanks for trying it and reporting back with photos (http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4728.msg44757;topicseen#msg447578)

As others have said, now buy one from your favourite BIR and compare.....it will probably highlight some gaps.... :P 

Offline imustbedreamin

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2011, 10:01 PM »
sorry to drag up an old thread but i have literally just sat down after eating this and i must say it was terrific.

the only thing i didnt use was the spice oil but everything else was to the letter.

very impressed, thanks for sharing CA 8)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2011, 02:34 AM »
sorry to drag up an old thread but i have literally just sat down after eating this and i must say it was terrific.

the only thing i didnt use was the spice oil but everything else was to the letter.

very impressed, thanks for sharing CA 8)

You're welcome IMD.  Thanks for trying it and reporting back.  Glad you liked it  8)

Offline nerdgas

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2011, 03:51 PM »
I'm gonna be making this one with Lamb in a few weeks time for a curry night with friends.

My only observation and question really is because of the electric hob I have once the chicken has been cooked I find that as the hob then doesn't get the wok hot enough the capsicum and onions end up boiling a bit as all the liquid is released and don't have that real crispyness.

Not sure if using Lamb though and cooking for the same amount of time as the Chicken will improve this as I guess the Lamb will release less juice......

I'll have to try a dry run with the Lamb and see how it pans out.

If I get the same problem I guess frying off the capsicum and onions in a diff pan and adding it to the cooked lamb once fried off would be the best workaround.....

Thoughts?

©2024 Curry Recipes