Author Topic: The Cooking Academy's Curry Recipes  (Read 7595 times)

Offline TCA

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Cooking Academy's Curry Recipes
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 09:17 AM »
We have a range of expertise from various chefs who teach here including:

Authentic Indian - Punjabi & Gujrati
Thai
Sushi
 and yes BIR

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 10:24 AM »
we are very much focused on traditional cooking...will mostly post recipes that are more authentic.

I'm sure some members will be interested in this TCA and your posts will be most welcome.  However, you should be aware (as you probably already are) that this forum is primarily focused on the British Indian Restaurant (BIR) style of cooking.  Anything related to BIR cooking would therefore be particularly welcome.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 04:28 PM »
CA,

u know i am fully focused on BIR. i'm with u all the way on what we would like from TCA ie u're statement on what we need.

i was merely offering a potential 2nd fallback option if route 1 is not available. what i'm saying is that the BIR chef does not cook at home and could therefore struggle with route 1. route 2 is saying what does the BIR chef do in his environment to get the BIR we love.

apologies in advance if the wording was not clear in the initial post.

Offline TCA

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 11:21 AM »
There is absolutely no reason why you can not get that BIR flavour at home, it may just be that you are not getting the spice blend right or are slightly struggling with measurements etc. But it is possible to find that missing link just keep trying and feel free to ask us for advice or if we could help with a specific recipe you can not get right at home.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 11:35 AM »
or if we could help with a specific recipe you can not get right at home.

That's a good idea TCA, perhaps you could post your BIR madras recipe in the madras section here: http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?board=52.0?

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Posted by TCA and moved to here by CA

Later in the day we will be posting a new topic where any questions you might have and would like a proffesional chef to answer, can be asked and replied to.

This includes what goes into our garam masala peter and jen.

Thanks guys

The cooking academy

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 11:47 AM »
where any questions you might have and would like a proffesional chef to answer, can be asked and replied to

That's great TCA.  To kick it off, perhaps you could detail the specific experience that your professional chefs, who will be responding here, have?

We also need to consider the most appropriate way to manage the posts of questions and your chef's replies.  Another (and possibly better) option is for you (and/or your chef) to simply respond to the questions that are continually posted on the foum.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:39 PM by Cory Ander »

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 06:56 PM »
TCA,

can u give more details on how u see your involvement with us all unfolding and particularly as CA mentioned u're BIR expertise.

from u're website for traditional cooking it appears u have various courses and that is a major area of interest (or appears that way).

on the BIR front we have had our hopes raised on a number of occasions only to be dashed. i know that simply a recipe won't deliver what we seek and could end up disappointing - not down to the recipe but the lack of other parts of the jigsaw that need to be in place.

i guess i'm searching for how u are going to balance u're books whilst giving us the confidence that u really can enable us (and what has eluded so far) to produce dishes at home that would pass a real BIR.

Offline TCA

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 10:00 AM »
Sorry about the delay but as asked here is our Garam Masala Recipe

Please see here: http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4470.0
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 10:10 AM by Cory Ander »

©2024 Curry Recipes