Author Topic: Undercover Curry - Anyone heard of it?  (Read 151715 times)

Offline matt3333

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Undercover Curry - Anyone heard of it?
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2010, 08:23 PM »
Hi Solarsplace
Great looking pictures, I also have the book and can't wait to try it out,
Did you make the vindaloo paste.
Cheers
Matt

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2010, 08:30 PM »
@all - thanks for the complements, but humble as I am, I just made someone else's recipe ;) and if I can do it, then you all can do it!

Hi Solarsplace
Great looking pictures, I also have the book and can't wait to try it out,
Did you make the vindaloo paste.
Cheers
Matt

Hi

As far as I understood it - and there is a lot of room for mistakes with this book! - the separate Vindaloo paste was not needed for the pure Vindaloo recipe. I got the impression it was a tool that could be added to the curry chefs arsenal to 'spice up' lesser spiced dishes etc. Therefore no, I did not.

However, I did make the tomato pure variation to spec. and did include a tsp of garlic powder too.

cheers

Offline hk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Why all this silly ummming and arrrring?  What's the point of a lenghty debate on a book and spurious allusions to unusual ingredients, so called mistakes, and recipes if your not going to say what they are?

Offline hk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2010, 10:37 AM »
Cabbage in a base is nothing new.  Look at ronnoc's base here http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=2332.0

The other site also uses it in a base recipe.

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2010, 10:52 AM »
Why all this silly ummming and arrrring?  What's the point of a lenghty debate on a book and spurious allusions to unusual ingredients, so called mistakes, and recipes if your not going to say what they are?

What?

The ingredients others deemed 'unusual' have already been stated, asafoetida and cabbage. I believe Solarspace meant that there is room for mistakes given how imprecise some of the instructions are. People have been reluctant to post recipes through fear of infringing copyright.

Why the attitude?

Offline hk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2010, 11:05 AM »
People have been reluctant to post recipes through fear of infringing copyright.

You only infringe copyright if you copy the recipe or text word for word.  Far too many of the posts on this thread have been far too allusive and far too non specific to be at all helpful in my opinion.  Happy as to what I have an attitude now ramirez?  Because the vagueness is pissing me off ok?

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2010, 11:10 AM »
Okay, so the big surprise in the base wasn't the fact is has asafoetida in it, it's not an unusual item but is usually used very sparingly - a pinch here or there at the most. In this recipe he puts in 2 chefs spoons of the stuff! I personally like the way it enhances onion tastes in things like onion bhajis. Used too much it can end up producing a smell not unlike oniony vomit. Thankfully in this base despite using so much there aren't any negative effects. I'm making a Madras for lunch today so I'll post back how it ends up.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2010, 11:27 AM »
Why the attitude?

If you knew who hk was Ramirez I don't think the attitude would surprise you at all!  ;) ::)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2010, 11:32 AM »
Why the attitude?

If you knew who hk was Ramirez I don't think the attitude would surprise you at all!  ;) ::)

Oooo I love a good mystery, it's like an episode of Scooby Doo! LMAO :P

Offline hk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2010, 11:34 AM »

lmao, the odious poison pigmy has forgotten to take his paranoia medication again  ::)

©2024 Curry Recipes