Author Topic: Back In The Game  (Read 4830 times)

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Back In The Game
« on: August 25, 2010, 10:18 AM »
 :D
I have been out of the curry Game for a while now, focusing on Thai food and loving every minute of it.
However I went for a curry in Bournemouth over the weekend whilst down visiting and ordered a Garlic Chilli Chicken, which was amazing and has sparked me to try a new base and get back into the curry game with a passion.

I made Razor?s base last night
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4596.70

Very impressed with this.  A good Moorish taste, subtle and with a great colour.  This has all the requirements of a great building block for making a curry.

I will be trying the Garlic Chilli Chicken recipe in the ?House Specialities? section this weekend and will post up some pics and stuff.

Will also get a pic of the base an upload tonight.

Im back in the game

Stew

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Back In The Game
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 10:28 AM »
I know what you mean chief, I spent a quite a while away from the curry scene, still making the odd curry but lately I have gotten back to experimenting and cooking them for enjoyment again.  Keep meaning to post some recent pics I will have to make more of an effort.

Cheers
cK

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 10:53 AM »
Hi Admin,

Try my garlic chilli sauce I made at the weekend to go with my Chicken Tikka Biryani. You'll find it in the recipe itself which I posted last Saturday.

It really is an amazing sauce and I think you'll be impressed :)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 06:18 PM »
Hi Stew,

Thanks for giving my base a go, really appreciate that.  Would you be trying my spice mix also?  http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4706.0

Can't wait to hear how you get on,

Thanks

Ray :)

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 08:16 PM »
Curry Sauce

Spice Mix

Final Madras

Happy with this attempt, thanks.

Stew

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 08:21 PM »
Hi Admin

That looks delicious :D - how did it taste?

Cheers

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 09:30 AM »
:D
ordered a Garlic Chilli Chicken, which was amazing

Stew,

this is probably my fav dish. it does vary and goes by different names. the one thing that really makes the dish from my local TA is that they add quite a few (~6 off) pre fried slithers of garlic just at the end of cooking.

i also tried a fusion dish of the same (called North Indian Garlic Chicken). the manager convinced me that fusion was still Indian with the difference of being slightly more heavier spiced. it was very good. it had a taste though that i'd never come across - it turned out to be a small pickled lime (need to confirm). the manager said it was a pickle and it had overtures of lime pickle but in a very nice way c/w lime pickle that i don't like (ott). the pickle looked brown and about 10mm dia. i have it on my list to seek out.

Offline Curry Barking Mad

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 10:06 AM »
Hi Jerry,
Could possibly have been Shatkora pickle, a Bengali citrus fruit,
Mick

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 02:33 PM »
looks great stew ill have to start playin currys again too.  :)UB.                   

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 08:12 PM »
I always order a Garlic Chili Chicken Balti now when going to the takeway.  The Garlic really imparts a nutty flavour into the curry.

People should also check out a Galic Chicken Tikka Madras, well worth a go next time in the curry house.

Even after all this time and cooking at home I still love ordering a takeaway.  i end up getting excited at the prospect.  Although these days i need 2 curries just to ease the craving.  2 curries lasts me two days by the way and i have no issues eating it cold in the morning.

Cheers Guys.
Stew

©2024 Curry Recipes