Author Topic: Radio discussion - BIRs and curries  (Read 5280 times)

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Radio discussion - BIRs and curries
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 09:36 PM »
A slight digression.....I can remember around a year ago or so some Indian guy (forgett his name) appearing on Anthony Worral Thompson's cooking programme.  After the show, this Indina guy was availabe on-line for questions and answers.  Anyway, somewhere along the line, somebody asked him about where one could go and learn Indian cooking.  The anwer that was given according to a note I made at the time was Ballylamoe Indina Cooking School.  Amybody heard of it?  I am sure it was the Indian Chef guest who mentioned this although if you have 'attended' one of these on-line Q & A's, you will know that they can be quite chaotic and attract all manner of folk!!  Quite entertaining though.  Anybody else see that programme?

Offline John

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 10:11 PM »
Ader1, it wasn't saturday kitchen by any chance? and on tv back in october? if so there heres a short discussion about it:
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=570.0

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 10:40 PM »
It might be the same guy but it wasn't last October.  Yes, it was Saturday kitchen but it was quite a while ago....more like a year I think.  Anyway, thanks.

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 03:26 AM »
Hi Ray,

Come on mate, all us old duffers know that 2s 6d is equal to 12 1/2 new pence, DON'T WE?

Blondie

Er, sorry Blondie, you are quite right and this old duffer seems to be going senile!  I must have been thinking it was the price of a "meal for two" !

Ray

©2024 Curry Recipes