Author Topic: peshwari naan  (Read 5573 times)

Offline bjplayer

• Chef
    • View Profile
peshwari naan
« on: April 11, 2012, 04:37 PM »
fill recipe here people.

i found this naan last year which was poor as id ignored it as a possible side for the last 20!

ive been making my own with dessicated but the local bir uses real in it, i tried this and vomited, please fill in the gap in my life.

cheers bj

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: peshwari naan
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 05:08 PM »
Hi BJP.  Not 100% sure what you're after but if its the filling for peshwari naan try this thread.  Excellent results

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4672.0

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 05:21 PM »
I agree,

Abdul's advice to use CONDENSED milk produces the best Peshwari naans I've ever made (but I did think it wise to skip the additional sugar).

I'm not so sure about the "chopped sultanas" though (I prefer whole...and I prefer more than 2 in a naan!).

I'm also not sure what Abdul is suggesting regards getting the mixture into (or onto...which I don't like) the dough.

I think the mixture needs to go INSIDE the dough (i.e. before it's shaped)....but it IS a b*gger to shape, thereafter!  ???

Tasty, nevertheless....

PS:  why are people posting "commentry" in "recipe" sections?  Give it time, guys, and nobody will be able to find anything!  And then everyone will moan about it!  ::)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 07:55 PM »
I've have now tried this mixture of almond and coconut with the condensed milk and it was totally spot on. I didn't add sugar as I thought it was sweet enough anyway.

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 08:23 PM »

PS:  why are people posting "commentry" in "recipe" sections?  Give it time, guys, and nobody will be able to find anything!  And then everyone will moan about it!  ::)

LOL Cory, I am one of those, sorry, but guilty as charged!!  :-\  ;)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 10:59 PM »

Good point. I have my opinion but I'll keep it to myself. In the meantime, I'll move this thread. The worst that can happen is that you remind me of breaking my pledge and/or I get fired for doing something worthwhile for once!

©2024 Curry Recipes