Author Topic: Come Dine With Me (CRO BIR Special)  (Read 9944 times)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Come Dine With Me (CRO BIR Special)
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 07:13 PM »
cheers Gav I totally missed that.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 07:17 PM »
On a moire serious note I can well imagine spending an enjoyable evening with Phil, curryhell and 976bar - there are also others who we don't see on here so much such as Haldi, Bobby Bhuna, Derek Dhansak and Domi. Sometimes of course the programme features five people in which case I'd maybe include a wild card but I'll be polite and hold my own counsel on that one  ::)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 07:18 PM »
... others who we don't see on here so much such as Haldi, Bobby Bhuna, Derek Dhansak and Domi.

Ah, Domi :  those were the days.  Will we ever see her like again, I wonder ?
** Phil.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 07:29 PM »
I'd better watch or I might be going off topic here.

Yes Phil it's interesting how things change over time, and I still remember feeling on the margins when I joined the forum but over time people come and go and if you hang around enough often like I have done, the posts mount up. We've also lost other members who, although they made good contributions to the forum, sort of spoiled it for others who got cheesed off and left.  CBM leaving sprigs to mind in this regard but there were times where I felt like doing that too.

Back on topic it's also important to note that the CRO Come Dine With Me idea was first coined by George who made a real effort to try and garner some momentum for such a get together. It never really come over but I still think it was a damn fine idea.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 07:48 PM »
Apologies to George. When I posted it, I thought that someone must have done it before but couldn't find anything  :)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 08:24 PM »
Lol.......nice topic Garp.  Good to see some humour in there from some members as well as those who could certainly make an interesting and entertaining episode  ;D  .  I think Salvador Dahli and myself would be looking for something a lot higher up the scale than our suggested dining companions  :o :o And thank you Stephen, I too think we would pass a very enjoyable evening over a curry and a couple of pints of 20/- or better  :)  I'm thinking of my five key diners for the entertainment value, some good contenders so far but would depend on the mix, and another five who i would like to spend the evening with, not just to talk curry but with whom  I have enjoyed banter and experiences over my time here, at the beginning and recent times too.
Maybe the north and south gatherings will reoccur and could possibly include an increase in attendees.  Who knows, perhaps it could lead to something along the lines that George originally proposed ages ago. 
Off topic, some really good food being posted here recently but i've just been too busy to commend the chefs  :-\

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 08:13 AM »
almost missed this topic.

i see 2 answers to this. for showmanship and a different set for useful info.

showmanship:
1) CA
2) Secret Santa
3) George
4) Phil

the useful info list is far more contentious and becomes much more difficult to cut:
1) parker21
2) CBM
3) fleet5
4) to many candidates

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 10:53 AM »
I'm grateful for the acknowledgement that I came up with a Come Dine idea some years' ago, but there was never any intention to have votes on your favourite fellow guests. I'm pleased to have been listed a couple of times but what about members who nobody, so far, wants to invite in this hypothetical competition? Isn't it a bit unkind?

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 04:09 PM »
You could do it the other way round... list the four / five members who would make you jump out out the window as they were coming in the door  :-X 8)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 04:41 PM »
Keep pushing for this, DO, I reckon I could win this one  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes