Author Topic: the hottest curry  (Read 11989 times)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: the hottest curry
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 04:09 PM »
'Dynamite Chicken' is twice as hot as phal, but very tasty.  ;D

I'll give it a go Abdul if you care to post the recipe  ;D ;D

Within the next few weeks I will post  ;D
I look forward to you posting the dynamite curry recipe then Abdul.   Anybody else on the site up for the challange?  :o :o :o

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 04:26 PM »
Light the Blue Touch Paper and stand well back!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL   :o

Offline peterandjen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 09:06 PM »
Not this time, i like my r's the way it is lol.

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 08:00 PM »
Dynamite Hot Chicken/Lamb

Ingredients

20 medium pieces of chicken/lamb
Oil  2 tbsp
Very finely chopped onion  1 chef spoon
Garlic Ginger mix  1 tbsp
Salt a touch (according to taste)
Red chilli seeds  1 tbsp
Blended green chilli  1 tbsp
Black pepper  1 tbsp
8 Spice  1 tbsp
Tomato puree 1 tsp
Gravy 1 ladle spoon and 1 pint

Garnish
Coriander

Method

1.   In a frying pan add oil, onion, garlic ginger, salt and blended green chilli; cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
2.   Add the chicken/lamb and stir well for 2 to 3 minutes.
3.   Add 8 spice, tomato puree, red chilli seeds, black pepper and 1 ladle spoon of gravy; stir for 3 to 4 minutes to make sure the masala is nicely cooked. (there should not be any raw smell of the masalas).
4.   Finally add 1 pint of gravy and cook for 5 to 6 minutes; once it is cooked there should be a nice and thick sauce.
5.   Garnish with coriander.

NOTE: THIS IS AN EXTREMELY HOT DISH. IF YOU CANNOT CONSUME HOT CURRIES SUCH AS VINDALOO AND PHALL, PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 06:49 AM »
WOW  :o :o.  Thanks so much for posting this Abdul.  This is definitely on the menu for Saturday night.  Got to say it has the makings of a nice hot curry.  Plain boiled basmati with this puppy me thinks :-*. Never put that much black pepper in any dish before  :o but i will make it exactly as per spec with the exception of the gravy.  On this occasion i will use either CA's or CT's.  Your gravy  is the next on the list to do and i will be making up your 8 spice mix especially for Sat :D.  One question though.  Red chilli seeds.  Dried or fresh?  I have never seen these in an asian grocers so what do i use :-\ ?  Or can i substitute this with crushed dried red chillis but double / treble the quantity to allow for the volume of non seeds.  Or do i have to deseed enough chillis to make a tbs  :( :(?   I do have some dried red chillis which i fried in oil and blended which i add to my North Indian Special. I don't want to use this as  it does impart a distinct flavour and aroma and will result in the dish not being as per spec.  But maybe i can try that later ;D.

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 02:08 PM »
hi CH the dried crushed red chillies are what he means, thats just what i would take it as. they are hot on their own. will make this as an alternative to my usual vindaloo and return with feedback, quite looking forward to it actually as my vindaloo are on the hotter side of "curryhell" LOL

regards
gary ;)

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 02:17 PM »
The actual seeds inside the chili are the hottest part - if you split open the chili and crush the seeds - its HOT!

I make most of my curries with chilies that i flatten with the back of the knife and just throw them in - leaving the seeds in makes them hotter

best, Rich

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 04:50 PM »
hi CH the dried crushed red chillies are what he means, thats just what i would take it as. they are hot on their own. will make this as an alternative to my usual vindaloo and return with feedback, quite looking forward to it actually as my vindaloo are on the hotter side of "curryhell" LOL

regards
gary ;)

Nice to meet a fellow chillihead who has an asbstos lined mouth and stomach too ;D ;D.  I wasn' t sure if it was crushed red chillis Abdul meant or not.  I thought that maybe you could buy just the chilli seed - a nice thought.  If you vindaloo is that good Gary and hotter than Curryhell then please post the recipe :P.  Few restaurants are able to turn out exceptionally hot curries with flavour unfortuanately :(.  Some think a panful of gravy with loads of chilli powder heat in is what you're after, which is not the case for us chilliheads.  Will be interesting to hear your feedback on Dynamite Chicken. ;D

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 05:00 PM »
The actual seeds inside the chili are the hottest part - if you split open the chili and crush the seeds - its HOT!

I make most of my curries with chilies that i flatten with the back of the knife and just throw them in - leaving the seeds in makes them hotter

best, Rich
Because of my liking for heat Rich I use chillis very often as you can imagine.  My preference is for them to be chopped rather than whole although i do add the occasional couple here and there, more for looks though.  Next time i do this i'll try flattening them with a knife to see if it makes a difference.  Most recipes say to remove the seeds if you want the taste without the heat but i am sure i remember reading on the site that the white membrane in the chilli to which the seeds are attached is equally if not hotter than the seeds themselves :o.  Want to try it and let me know ;D ;D

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 08:49 PM »
hi CH will try to post my chicken naga then , using dave's ghost pepper sauce. now that is hot! normally you know when a curry is too hot for you if it gets you at the back of the throat, this you feel move up your face alittle like a hot flush but with real heat LOL!
regards
gary ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes