Author Topic: Curryhell's Pilau Rice  (Read 10334 times)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Curryhell's Pilau Rice
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 10:48 AM »

Ahh, but it's all right to be the cocky bastard if you have more chillies under your user name? Lol, one rule some and another rule for others...

What do the chillies have to do with it, they don't mean a thing, we where talking about your attitude to members of this forum.
And now, George thinks I'm a Thug, Gee, I think I might have to go and have a lie down.
Happy day's George  :-* Apologies, I was out of order (again)

And this is my last post on the subject 8)

HS
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:01 AM by hotstuff09 »

Offline madeinbeats

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 12:03 PM »
Quote from: George

I certainly don't know it all, and I've never said I do, of course.

Neither have I said everyone else is wrong, except you perhaps. You really are out of order, together with another resident trouble-maker called Gazman1976. You dragged my name into this out of nowhere, like thugs causing trouble on a street. Gazman also demonstrated how rude he is by suggesting that a new member, madeinbeats, should leave.

Ahhh, so this is George. I had no idea you were all suggesting I was moderator material (I'm really testing the sense of humour bypass to its limits now aren't I  ;D )

See, the way I see it there were 2 people defending their own methods and expressing how they felt each of theirs was the best. It might have been ever, ever, ever slightly so competitive, but it was all very civil. And then a couple idiots (local and renowned so it now seems) jump in and offer absolutely nothing of value only the intent to stir and berate. It's all a bit "Urghhhh, we don't like strangers round here... This is a local site for local people... Don't be offering your rice cooking advice round these parts. Now get off my land!!"

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 12:47 PM »
madeitbeats,

You are beginning to sound paranoid now. The whole forum against you? We are all individuals here and have food arguments fairly frequently and that's fine.

You came here and posted your world's best chinese rice recipe and method. Fair enough but it sounds like you can't handle the fact that nobody has (yet) cooked your recipe and given you loads of praise.

You must have noticed on the way in that this is primarily a BIR curry forum not a BCR forum.

Chill out a bit and have patience. Maybe one day somebody will test your recipe and report back. Maybe not?

Paul

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 12:55 PM »
Had a go at making Curryhell's pillau rice last night.I've always struggled cooking rice and never attempted before to cook it completely in an oven.All I can say is fantastic!!!! Much better than any take-away round my way(They all seem pretty tasteless to me and none really colour their rice any more).A real winner!!!

Thanks for inspiring me to have a go at this recipe, I'll try it later today and report back. I tend to serve my curries with plain boiled rice as pilau has always seemed tricky to get right, but this method looks semi-foolproof (me making it will test that to the limit!)

Those curries look the business too  :)

Offline madeinbeats

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 01:47 PM »
Paul, I'm  aware of what's what. I don't really know what you're on about with the para thing implying my world is somehow deeply effected by what a couple of murk mundies have to say to me. It isn't  ;) cheers...

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 01:49 PM »
Hi MIB,

Welcome to the forum! 

Interesting and "forceful" first posts, but thanks for stirring life into an otherwise (often) lifeless forum!

I reckon a bit of "assertive contradiction", rather than "tacit approval", is often warranted.  Anything that makes us sit up and consider, is good, in my opinion.  Makes it interesting, if nothing else!

And I can see that you do what you do with good humour  :P

I'm interested to see what you have to say about BIR cooking too?  :P

Offline peterandjen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 02:51 PM »
I'm with Cory ander, Welcome MIB, nothing like a bit of an argument to liven things up a bit......now where did i put my shotgun... ;)
p.s i bet my rice recipe is better than your's :P

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 03:22 PM »
Fantastic!!! Over a dozen replies to my original post which have absolutely nothing to to do with the original thread...wish I hadn't bothered uploading the pics now.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 03:36 PM by jb »

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 03:41 PM »
Apologies JB for going off topic. Your pictures look great and I hope to try the pilau rice recipe and method myself.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline madeinbeats

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 08:34 PM »
Sorry there JB

©2024 Curry Recipes