Author Topic: What a complete and utter wimp!  (Read 10020 times)

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: What a complete and utter wimp!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 09:19 PM »
Whilst in a hotel in East Kilbride a last year, one of our team thought it would be a good idea to bring a packet of scotch bonnet peppers to the bar. With myself being a bit of a 'two pint piss puff' (copyright -The Viz) when it comes to chili heat I decided to eat one. Not to bad I thought till about 30 seconds after I'd swallowed it and the inside of my lips and side of my tongue suddenly felt as though they had been branded. Fortunately for me some one had a yoghurt type which was downed in one and swilled about my mouth for 5 mins till the pain subsided.

On a slightly different heat subject there also use to be a reasonable pie shop close to my work which heated its pies in some sort of nuclear furnace. Often when eating one of their tasty mince pies, one bite on the end and the pie would lose all its structural integrity and collapse with nuclear heated mince falling down the inside front of your shirt and burning your chest.  >:(

Offline LouP

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 09:21 PM »
Stop making me laugh! The tales/ vids are toooo much  :D

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 09:26 PM »
Oh and we had a lad who drank a small bottle of Fish Sauce and then provided much merryment as he threw up for 1/2 an hour. Little things and little minds as my mother used to say  :)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 09:33 PM »
Often when eating one of their tasty mince pies, one bite on the end and the pie would lose all its structural integrity and collapse with nuclear heated mince falling down the inside front of your shirt and burning your chest.  >:(

I can relate to that, Gav. Nothing worse than a pie falling to pieces in your hand - even if you're not scalded, it makes a hell of a mess :)

I'm slightly struggling, though, with the concept that East Kilbride has a hotel.......are you sure???

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2014, 09:37 PM »

I'm slightly struggling, though, with the concept that East Kilbride has a hotel.......are you sure???

It has a few and I think I've stayed in them all. The Stuart Hotel in the town centre ( now closed) was epic. Eat as many mushrooms as you like for free...off the back of the bathroom door.  ::)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 09:39 PM »

OMG PMSL - only us Scots may get that lol.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 09:45 PM »
Coming from Dundee, Stephen, are you really in a position to scoff at EK? :P

Anyway - strayed off topic (but was worth it for the 'pick your own mushrooms from the bathroom door' scenario from Gav).

It wold be good to get all the chilli heads together and have a puke-off. Dave, SS, is Rob into that stuff? Any volunteers?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 09:50 PM »

OMG PMSL - only us Scots may get that lol.

Oh no.  This sassenach has very good friends who originally hailed from East Kilbride, and even though they now inhabit the more refined parts of Invernesshire, I have heard enough tales of their early life to know why "Hotels" and "East Kilbride" might be considered strange bed-fellows ...

** Phil.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 10:07 PM »
This sassenach has very good friends who originally hailed from East Kilbride, and even though they now inhabit the more refined parts of Invernesshire,

Come on now, Phil. Stop taking the piss. I've never heard a sentence containing 'Invernesshire' and 'refined'. You're just making stuff up now for comedy effect :)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 10:17 PM »
Because I eat jalapeno's as snacks etc my taste buds are a bit messed

I do too LOUP but they have virtually no effect on me chilli heat wise. In fact I used some of the juice that the pickled jalapenos come in in this sauce as well as the malt vinegar. Those normal green chillies we use in our curries, I can eat those raw and they provide a bit of a tingle but nothing to concern me.

This scotch bonnet sauce was in another league entirely - you really must try it. Be absolutely sure you have some plain yoghurt to hand or you just may live to regeret it!  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes