Author Topic: What a complete and utter wimp!  (Read 10021 times)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: What a complete and utter wimp!
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2014, 10:20 PM »
The end result is possibly like the Viceroy's "naga" sauce SS which includes some panch phoran.

I remember it well CH but I was going for a Tabasco type sauce here rather than an Indian styled flavour. In making it it made me realise just how important having the right type of chilli is to getting a particular flavour.

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2014, 10:24 PM »
I tasted a brand of naga pickle the other week (not Mr Naga) which was akin to eating a hot welding rod. I did'nt get the name as my eyes were watering. Makes me laugh when I see Adeys/ Julians Man v Curry recipe. who in their right mind would eat it.  :-\

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2014, 10:29 PM »
It wold be good to get all the chilli heads together and have a puke-off. Dave, SS, is Rob into that stuff? Any volunteers?
Wonderful turn of phrase there Garp  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Rob does indeed have a bit of a bent for the hot ones.  And don't forget Salvador Dahli.  He too likes to coat his taste buds with the occasional portion of napalm  :o :o  Maybe Loup should join too.  Her taste buds would appear to be suitably disfunctional enabling her to join in the fun  :D

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2014, 10:37 PM »
Lou, you are cordially invited to destroy what is left of your taste buds. Could be a great Come Dine With Me. All the Chilli Heads together :)

Offline LouP

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2014, 10:41 PM »
You are indeed correct Curryhell. My taste buds are well and truely (moderated)! At one point as well as the nandos extra hot sauce and kebab shop chilli sauce on nearly everything I was scoffing a halfpound of pickled Jalepenos a day. I only cut back as that equals 365 quid a year and thats a bit (moderated) steep tbh  :o
Garp, I would accept said challenge and I am sure I would win  ;D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 10:39 AM by George »

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2014, 10:52 PM »
My money's on you, Lou - with an each-way bet on CH  ;D

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2014, 10:59 PM »
Lou, you are cordially invited to destroy what is left of your taste buds. Could be a great Come Dine With Me. All the Chilli Heads together :)

Please invite a few wimps and video this event  :D

Offline LouP

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2014, 11:03 PM »
Epic!

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2014, 01:06 AM »
Ha ha ha awesome - nice find Phil

Truth be honest SS - 99% cant scoff down any raw

best, Rich

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 01:36 PM »
Well the jar of scotch bonnet chilli sauce has been sitting in the fridge maturing for a week now so I thought I'd try it with a few nachos as a dip. Given my previous experience I went easy with the first one and just dipped a tiny bit of the corner in.

The flavour was excellent and there was a little bit of tongue burn but nothing like the agony experienced when freshly made so I got bolder and dipped the full half of the nacho in. Yup, plenty of tongue burn now and a little bit of sweating but it was a mild, pleasant pain rather than the agony endured after eating it fresh a week ago. Clearly time has had a positive effect.

So I'm declaring this a winner all round - good flavour and just the right mix of chilli pain!

©2024 Curry Recipes